Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Wingers tracking back more has become a thing since fullbacks started overlapping more - but it's all down to the system you employ and how you play. There are plenty of wingers that aren't required to track back now either, but that's because the team has a system that provides enough cover for the fullback - often in the case of a CM doing it. So, say you're going with a 3 man midfield - CDM will cover the centre and the other two CMs can then cover back. The problem there is the insistence on playing McGinn, as he doesn't do the defensive side of things anywhere near enough - and before you or someone else argues, that's backed up with his stats compared to other CMs. 

I don't want to argue about CDMs again, but no, they aren't 'old-fashioned'. The use and importance of imposing physicality in that role has changed significantly in the last 10 years, though. 

you might be surprised to know, but yes I agree with you.

However, overlapping full backs have been around for some time....I agree about the alternative support with a midfielder coming across to help, its kinda what i was looking for.

I think think the physicality role is still there, buts it more stealthy, tackling is picked up more, but players still impose there presence by using their body strength, watch Pogba on one of his days when he's interested.

All the top teams are physical, but technical too at the same time....Ollie for us is quite physical, I just wished the rest were a bit more....I guess they have days when they are better than others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was thinking the other day if he was close to light training given April was six months ago.

Good news so hopefully see him around Jan-Feb.

Don't think he'll ever be a regular starter again for us but hopefully can make a difference in game or two off the bench in closing months before we probably move him on next summer.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Was thinking the other day if he was close to light training given April was six months ago.

Don't think he'll ever be a regular starter again for us but hopefully can make a difference in game or two off the bench in closing months before we probably move him on next summer.

Just in time for the AFCON :D

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Just in time for the AFCON :D

They won't call up player injured for nearly a year, AEM probably got more chance of a call up if he's got a club now?

Annoying we don't play Liverpool in January/Feb as they'll be missing nearly half their team.

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He has a habit of scoring huge goals when we need them most.

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They won't call up player injured for nearly a year, AEM probably got more chance of a call up if he's got a club now?

Annoying we don't play Liverpool in January/Feb as they'll be missing nearly half their team.

Isn't Trez like their second most important player after Salah? I reckon they'll take the risk anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

He'll back falling over himself and running around in circles before you know it. Much like an old spaniel that you got stuck with after your aunt had a stroke. He's as annoying as hell, never does what you tell him but he's a loveable little scamp all the same. 

• Haha 4

Trez has a better chance of surviving the new regime than Anwar, but only in the sense he won’t be first in line for the chop. I don’t think he has a future here beyond the summer. 

• Like 1

Â