Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Just now, lexicon said:

In the first few games I seem to remember him spraying passes all over the pitch like Pirlo - it was quite surreal 🤣

I couldn't believe my eyes. Also that first time cross with his left foot to Ollie against Liverpool. He was doing things he couldn't even do on FIFA :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

In the first few games I seem to remember him spraying passes all over the pitch like Pirlo - it was quite surreal 🤣

Will I ever forget them? 😍 Back when he was crap I took some serious flak for saying I thought he had something about him. Was bloody relieved when he showed he’d under-performed that first year. Phew.

14 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I love this guy. He busts a gut for us each time he pulls a Villa shirt on. 

Yeah I'm a big fan of Trez, he works so hard and that's something I admire. His form at the end of the 19/20 season was so crucial in us staying up and the Goal against Arsenal. 

If we qualify for Europe next season I don't see why we shouldn't keep Trez for the final year of his contract. Someone as hard working like he  with Prem experience is can only be a positive squad player if we have 2 cups, europe and the Prem to compete in. I hope he gets back before the turn of the year

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah I'm a big fan of Trez, he works so hard and that's something I admire. His form at the end of the 19/20 season was so crucial in us staying up and the Goal against Arsenal. 

Twice against Palace too - just massive wins for us and Trez was the main reason for them. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/08/2021 at 17:34, villabromsgrove said:

I love this guy. He busts a gut for us each time he pulls a Villa shirt on. 

I will never dismiss talent.....but a hard working player, is very hard to criticise.

I hope he recovers soon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I will never dismiss talent.....but a hard working player, is very hard to criticise.

I hope he recovers soon.

some don't like talent at the club and judge attacking players on their defensive abilities more than attacking, so if they're not busting a gut and tracking back but doing awful things like score goals or get assists, they're luxury sh*te.

7 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

some don't like talent at the club and judge attacking players on their defensive abilities more than attacking, so if they're not busting a gut and tracking back but doing awful things like score goals or get assists, they're luxury sh*te.

Who?

I think every player has to have an element of both in their game,whilst having an obvious bias.....I am not overly struck on wingers tracking back, its good if they can.....but I can think of many good ones that didn't....I am in favour of a winger doing what it says on the tin and keeping their position, ready to pounce.

My memory, is not the best, but I don't remember Tony Morley being a top exponent of tracking back.

If the defensive players are good enough, they usually compensate for that.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Who?

I think every player has to have an element of both in their game,whilst having an obvious bias.....I am not overly struck on wingers tracking back, its good if they can.....but I can think of many good ones that didn't....I am in favour of a winger doing what it says on the tin and keeping their position, ready to pounce.

My memory, is not the best, but I don't remember Tony Morley being a top exponent of tracking back.

Visit Anwar and Traore threads

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

The grafters often beat talent. History has shown. 

You need to earn the right to be winning games. Or even to be competing.

Football have become so tactical these days. Can't really afford to be carrying players anymore. 

Yes I would gladly take a grafter over a so called luxury player. Every day of the week. Granted. That said grafter need to have the ability to play too. 

Edited by villalad21

11 hours ago, TRO said:

Who?

Football has changed a bit since the 70s and 80s TRO 🤣

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Football has changed a bit since the 70s and 80s TRO 🤣

I am well aware, as I still watch it...you'll be telling me next that CDM's are old fashioned.

There are 11 players in a football team and each team in the league has players with varying skill sets.....where you deploy your players, is the skill of the manager, but don't expect the teams to be all the same.

If you are weak in midfield its customary to nick one from somewhere else i.e winger or striker....its the balance thats tricky.

I guess the answer is 11 strong players.....thats the pursuit.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am well aware, as I still watch it...you'll be telling me next that CDM's are old fashioned.

There are 11 players in a football team and each team in the league has players with varying skill sets.....where you deploy your players, is the skill of the manager, but don't expect the teams to be all the same.

If you are weak in midfield its customary to nick one from somewhere else i.e winger or striker....its the balance thats tricky.

I guess the answer is 11 strong players.....thats the pursuit.

Wingers tracking back more has become a thing since fullbacks started overlapping more - but it's all down to the system you employ and how you play. There are plenty of wingers that aren't required to track back now either, but that's because the team has a system that provides enough cover for the fullback - often in the case of a CM doing it. So, say you're going with a 3 man midfield - CDM will cover the centre and the other two CMs can then cover back. The problem there is the insistence on playing McGinn, as he doesn't do the defensive side of things anywhere near enough - and before you or someone else argues, that's backed up with his stats compared to other CMs. 

I don't want to argue about CDMs again, but no, they aren't 'old-fashioned'. The use and importance of imposing physicality in that role has changed significantly in the last 10 years, though. 

• Like 1

Â