Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Ahem. Remember what Marvelous Nakamba was like before Gerrard? Let's see what our new boss can do with these two before we write them off. 

Exactly, and also respect his input so far 👏 

He's playing well for the U23s, and playing like he cares trying to help out the team, sometimes having senior players in the U23s can look like an advantage but that's not always the case as they sometimes treat it like a training game and don't put much effort in, but that's not the case with Trezeguet, same for Davis as well.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Ahem. Remember what Marvelous Nakamba was like before Gerrard? Let's see what our new boss can do with these two before we write them off. 

I guarantee they won’t have a turn around.

I love Marvelous but he’s also doing better because we’re playing much narrower, he can release the ball to another villa player much quicker and over a much shorter distance.

He hasn’t suddenly just got that much better. 

Again, I love trez and el ghazi, but I know their level. 

6 minutes ago, spiezels said:

I guarantee they won’t have a turn around.

I love Marvelous but he’s also doing better because we’re playing much narrower, he can release the ball to another villa player much quicker and over a much shorter distance.

He hasn’t suddenly just got that much better. 

Again, I love trez and el ghazi, but I know their level. 

His passing range under Gerrard completely eclipses anything we've seen from him before so this doesn't exactly track.

Always remember Trezeguet's form after Project Restart, he was a man possessed and chipped in when we really needed someone.

He and Douglas Luiz were standouts in our survival form.

Things is we have a lot of competition on the right-side now...

• Like 2

Tis brilliant to see Trez coming back. He’s one hell of a workhorse and has scored some crucial goals for us. He just seems like a really good lad too. I’d back him to mow your lawn for you if you asked him to. And he wouldn’t want paying. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 2

So glad to have Trez back, as others have said you never can fault the effort and commitment he puts in and I think he's very much underrated by a few on here. I think Gerrard will get him into a vein of form we haven't seen from him before and that he can definitely be a weapon if kept fit

We've got too many wingers, Trezeguet, Traore, Buendia, El Ghazi, Bailey, Philogene-Bidace, people seem to forget it but Archer usually plays on the wing as well, even at U23 level, and now people are talking about Carney Chukwuemeka playing in one of the two positions just wide of the striker.

Something has to give, if we're serious about Philogene-Bidace and Archer becoming first team squad members and getting game time, then a few from Trezeguet, Traore, Buendia, El Ghazi, Bailey, are going to have to be sold, otherwise they're blocking the path for our younger players.

Â