Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Im guessing you watch the Interview with Gary Neville to?  It made sense really workhorse’s who might out run better athletes or outwork them in training kept that competitive edge and in a way keep the better players performance and work levels up .

yes it was quite interesting from Ferguson, I was going to compare Trez to Park but Park had a bit more about him

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yes it was quite interesting from Ferguson, I was going to compare Trez to Park but Park had a bit more about him

Id say a mix of Watkins and Trez would describe Park

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Not got an issue with him in the squad.

But he can't be starting regular games for us if we aim for higher.

If only you’d post this in the Traore thread. Go on, you know you want to..;-)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Not got an issue with him in the squad.

But he can't be starting regular games for us if we aim for higher.

Hes going to be out for over a year anyway. 

• 3 weeks later...

He’s one of those players who has won us games on his own. Integral to us staying up, got us to a cup final. Did not cost much. So I think he’ll always be a bit of a cult hero. 

All that said if he doesn’t play another game for us because we have increased the quality in the attacking third I’ll be delighted - and hope he gets a move somewhere good once he’s back from his injury.

In over a years time, if Trez can get on our bench then I'm afraid things will not have gone as well as we're all hoping they do.

Can't see him playing again for us but he popped up in the right place at the right time a couple of times so I wish him well.

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

In over a years time, if Trez can get on our bench then I'm afraid things will not have gone as well as we're all hoping they do.

Can't see him playing again for us but he popped up in the right place at the right time a couple of times so I wish him well.

I suspect we’ll do right by him and help him back from injury’s by giving him a few minutes if we are in a position to do so end of the season before he moves on , I suspect  there will be plenty of takers for him 

• Like 1

I suspect we’ll do right by him and help him back from injury’s by giving him a few minutes if we are in a position to do so end of the season before he moves on , I suspect  there will be plenty of takers for him 

Definitely, we are a proper well run club now, would expect nothing less. Hopefully he ends up at Bournemouth😁

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Definitely, we are a proper well run club now, would expect nothing less. Hopefully he ends up at Bournemouth😁

Indeed no more bombing out it was refreshing to see how we kept Jota about and gave him so game time in the pre season so he could actually prove to potential suitors that he was worth taking the punt on,  don’t think Bournmouth would suit Trez  he brings millions of fans with him to each club imagine 1.9 million Trez fans rocking up at  dean court they’d have to build new stands 🤣

Indeed no more bombing out it was refreshing to see how we kept Jota about and gave him so game time in the pre season so he could actually prove to potential suitors that he was worth taking the punt on,  don’t think Bournmouth would suit Trez  he brings millions of fans with him to each club imagine 1.9 million Trez fans rocking up at  dean court they’d have to build new stands 🤣

Would love to know exactly how having a Trez or whoever that actually bring tons of fans impacts the clubs income.

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Would love to know exactly how having a Trez or whoever that actually bring tons of fans impacts the clubs income.

Yes me to, say a quarter of his following 500k buys Trezeguet shirts @ £50 or whatever that’s £25m lol

9 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes me to, say a quarter of his following 500k buys Trezeguet shirts @ £50 or whatever that’s £25m lol

You mean 80% of his fans buys a Trezeguet shirt for £3 of a dodgy knock-off merchant which makes Villa precisely £0.

But I do agree it helps Villa with branding, marketing, sponsorship opportunities... something like official partner for Egyptian tractor oil paying £200k.   Get 10 or 100 of these sponsorship deals like Man Utd do and it all starts to add up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

50 * 125,000 ... is not 25m. Try 6.25m... and as someone else pointed out, i suspect they'll largely be buying the market stall fakes. Still, agree it would be interesting to know.

There's an indirect word of mouth exposure,  and long lasting following that can hang on after such a signing. Throw in the goals he's scored to keep us up and we're already in profit on him anyway.

20 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

50 * 125,000 ... is not 25m. Try 6.25m... and as someone else pointed out, i suspect they'll largely be buying the market stall fakes. Still, agree it would be interesting to know.

There's an indirect word of mouth exposure,  and long lasting following that can hang on after such a signing. Throw in the goals he's scored to keep us up and we're already in profit on him anyway.

He is saying that 500K is a quarter of his following, not 125K. But the point about them most likely buying dodgy knock off shirts is valid. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

He is saying that 500K is a quarter of his following, not 125K. But the point about them most likely buying dodgy knock off shirts is valid. 

He has 2m followers 😱

Â