Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Trezeguet is definitely the kind of player that Gerard will enjoy managing.

"Gerrard likes his wide players to be technically gifted"

So I'd have to disagree with you there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Trezeguet is a player with heart and work rate, and he has the hugely entertaining ability to be at the right place at the right time to score some crackers. But...I just don't think he has enough ability on the ball for where we're going.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, useless said:

We've got too many wingers, Trezeguet, Traore, Buendia, El Ghazi, Bailey, Philogene-Bidace, people seem to forget it but Archer usually plays on the wing as well, even at U23 level, and now people are talking about Carney Chukwuemeka playing in one of the two positions just wide of the striker.

Something has to give, if we're serious about Philogene-Bidace and Archer becoming first team squad members and getting game time, then a few from Trezeguet, Traore, Buendia, El Ghazi, Bailey, are going to have to be sold, otherwise they're blocking the path for our younger players.

It's interesting that we bought and developed wingers to play wide under Dean Smith and we've now moving to a much narrower model which won't necessarily suit all of them - it's great news for someone like Buendia, but I'm not sure it's good news for those that are more of a traditional winger that hogs the line, goes past people and gets balls into the box - that's become the job of the full back in our system.

I think Gerrard is great news for Buendia, Aaron Ramsey and Chukwuemeka, but not so much for Philgene-Bidace.

Unpopular opinion, but I'm not sure Archer will make it here.

On Trez, I was sat pretty close to the players last night and you could see how happy he was to be back at it, he had a little smile on all evening and although he looked a touch sore and his legs were a bit stiff when he came off, you could tell how pleased he was to have been playing again. That'll be a big boost for him, no matter where his future lies.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's interesting that we bought and developed wingers to play wide under Dean Smith and we've now moving to a much narrower model which won't necessarily suit all of them - it's great news for someone like Buendia, but I'm not sure it's good news for those that are more of a traditional winger that hogs the line, goes past people and gets balls into the box - that's become the job of the full back in our system.

I think Gerrard is great news for Buendia, Aaron Ramsey and Chukwuemeka, but not so much for Philgene-Bidace.

Unpopular opinion, but I'm not sure Archer will make it here.

On Trez, I was sat pretty close to the players last night and you could see how happy he was to be back at it, he had a little smile on all evening and although he looked a touch sore and his legs were a bit stiff when he came off, you could tell how pleased he was to have been playing again. That'll be a big boost for him, no matter where his future lies.

Think it'll suit Traore very nicely too in an attacking sense - he's at his best when he manoeuvres into a CF position. Think he and Buendia could absolutely bamboozle a defence or two with their flair and technique.

• Like 1

I think Philogene-Bidace can play more inside, at Rangers Gerrard didn't always play with two No.10 type players behind the striker as some seem to think, in fact I'm pretty sure that more often than not he didn't, as Ryan Kent, one of their best attackers is more of out and out winger type and I'm guessing he played most games when fit.

They're fans' favorites, but I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Trezeguet or El Ghazi sold in one of the up and coming transfer windows.

1 hour ago, Gompedyret said:

Trezeguet is a player with heart and work rate, and he has the hugely entertaining ability to be at the right place at the right time to score some crackers. But...I just don't think he has enough ability on the ball for where we're going.

He's got loads of ability.  Just has zero pace to go with it.

50 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He's got loads of ability.  Just has zero pace to go with it.

He’s panics when there’s a player in his face, same as el ghazi. 

You rarely see them if ever skin someone properly in a 1v1.

which for wingers, isn’t great. They kind of make up for it in other areas of their game, but they’re not good enough for us for where we want to be. 

11 minutes ago, spiezels said:

He’s panics when there’s a player in his face, same as el ghazi. 

You rarely see them if ever skin someone properly in a 1v1.

which for wingers, isn’t great. They kind of make up for it in other areas of their game, but they’re not good enough for us for where we want to be. 

I don't think of El Ghazi as a winger...he's more of a striker. But that's off topic so I'll leave it at that.

1 hour ago, useless said:

They're fans' favorites, but I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Trezeguet or El Ghazi sold in one of the up and coming transfer windows.

Not on here, they're not! 

Â