Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

As normal, there is a wide range of opinions on many players and Trez is certainly one of those.

For what it is worth, I think we have missed him as an option, especially when things were not going well through the autumn. He does not have the effortless ability of Traore to glide past defenders but he does chip in with useful goals.He works harder than any of the other wide options, on either wing and I am sure Cash would prefer to have him playing in front of him to give some semblance of protection.

I hope his recovery continues to progress as he is a valuable member of the squad.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Tis brilliant to see Trez coming back. He’s one hell of a workhorse and has scored some crucial goals for us. He just seems like a really good lad too. I’d back him to mow your lawn for you if you asked him to. And he wouldn’t want paying. 

He can be our Dirk Kuyt

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Unfortunately he's nowhere near as good as Dirk Kuyt

Can't say i ever rated Kuyt as an outsider to Liverpool, even though like every player he scored plenty vs us.  One of those workhorse players that always happened to be in the right place at the right time.  In retrospect that's quite a skill to have, but Trez seems to share that trait. 

Scores vital goals, isn't prolific (1 in 4 for kuyt in a high flying Liverpool team vs 1 in 6 for trez for us),  runs about a lot. They're pretty similar.  Admittedly, Kuyt was technically better, but the point is he would play a similar role. And a number of players have already demonstrated a step up under Gerrard... Trez may well so the same. 

15 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Can't say i ever rated Kuyt as an outsider to Liverpool, even though like every player he scored plenty vs us.  One of those workhorse players that always happened to be in the right place at the right time.  In retrospect that's quite a skill to have, but Trez seems to share that trait. 

Scores vital goals, isn't prolific (1 in 4 for kuyt in a high flying Liverpool team vs 1 in 6 for trez for us),  runs about a lot. They're pretty similar.  Admittedly, Kuyt was technically better, but the point is he would play a similar role. And a number of players have already demonstrated a step up under Gerrard... Trez may well so the same. 

Playing a similar role doesn't make them the same in ability. Trez works very hard, but ability wise Kuyt was far far better

• Like 1

On 07/12/2021 at 19:31, MrBlack said:

Nah Kuyt was grossly underrated if I'm honest.

Great and hardworking player. The James Miller.of strikers IMO.

Not flashy enough to get noticed, but highly consistent and effective.

Guardian have him down as Villas player who needs a Jan move. References his game this week and the fact he hasn't been in the first team. He may well need a move but the writer of the article seems oblivious to the fact he has had a major injury....

Edited by maxjackle

2 minutes ago, maxjackle said:

Guardian have him down as Villas player who needs a Jan move. References his game this week and the fact he hasn't been in the first team. He may well need a move but the writer of the article seems oblivious to the fact he has has a major injury....

Yeah, January would be too soon. I can see one of the big Turkish clubs being interested in Summer if he can prove his fitness.

Nobody knows yet how he could potentially fit in under gerrard. He could actually improve as he still has time on his side and plenty of good character about him.

I think he'll stay. I don't see us letting him go. 

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he has a super sub profile about him. Scores big goals when you most need it. 

Honestly, while that has been his past with us, I see his future as almost the opposite. Gerard wants the forward line to press, I think his work rate would make him great at that. Then after tiring out the defenders after 60-70 mins, set bailey loose on them (assuming his hamstrings don't fall off)

He's the kind of player that if someone else had him and bought him on in a game against us, we'd be moaning that "we don't have any of that kind of sub that always seems to pop up with an important goal".

I think he suffers from being decent enough but looking like he doesn't know what his feet are doing half the time.  Kind of like how Micheal Johnson ran like he had a rod up him.  Doesn't look right but gets the job done.

Unless he actively wants to leave for more first team football or his injury has ruined him, I'd say keep.  

2 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

He's the kind of player that if someone else had him and bought him on in a game against us, we'd be moaning that "we don't have any of that kind of sub that always seems to pop up with an important goal".

I think he suffers from being decent enough but looking like he doesn't know what his feet are doing half the time.  Kind of like how Micheal Johnson ran like he had a rod up him.  Doesn't look right but gets the job done.

Unless he actively wants to leave for more first team football or his injury has ruined him, I'd say keep.  

I'd be more like, 'We even let that guy score. We must be shit!'

He's not once looked good enough for this league as anything other than an uber defensive winger. If he can show otherwise under Gerrard, then great, but for me it appears that he's not quick enough nor good enough and gives the ball away too much.

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

I'd be more like, 'We even let that guy score. We must be shit!'

He's not once looked good enough for this league as anything other than an uber defensive winger. If he can show otherwise under Gerrard, then great, but for me it appears that he's not quick enough nor good enough and gives the ball away too much.

How does a player like that manage to score against the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Leicester? 

Must be easy this Premier League lark.

On a serious note I don’t think he is good enough for us but to suggest he’s not good enough for the league is a bit harsh. He’s goals kept us up! 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

How does a player like that manage to score against the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Leicester? 

Must be easy this Premier League lark.

On a serious note I don’t think he is good enough for us but to suggest he’s not good enough for the league is a bit harsh. He’s goals kept us up! 

He kicked it in the net after harder and better work by better players.

His goals might have kept us up, but also having him as one of our main wingers was part of the reason we were at risk of being relegated.

His goals can't cover up he did pretty much literally nothing else positive of note and gave the ball away all the time. He and Samatta in attack was a shortcut to giving the opposition the ball.

He tried hard though, and I respect that. And the goals.

Â