Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

It's going to be a long road back for Wesley, even if things go to plan. Be very surprised if he manages more than a few cameo appearances in the league this season. I hope things work out for him though. He's never going to be a world beater, but he's definitely a better player than his critics give him credit for.

• Like 1

On 12/03/2021 at 08:10, nick76 said:

It’s common knowledge that we were desperately trying to sign Mario Mandzukic

I’m not doubting you but I absolutely love Mandzukic and I read embarrassingly obsessively about Villa every day and I had never heard this until you just mentioned it. Not sure what I think of how true it is. Romano isn’t/wasn’t his agent by the way, just a ‘transfer insider’ like so many other ITKs.

Still I’d have loved Mandzukic here, assuming he can still run a bit.

Edit: woops, re-reading that I think you say ‘his agent, then Romano’ and I thought you were saying Romano was his agent.

Edited by Adam2003

4 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I’m not doubting you but I absolutely love Mandzukic and I read embarrassingly obsessively about Villa every day and I had never heard this until you just mentioned it. Not sure what I think of how true it is. Romano isn’t/wasn’t his agent by the way, just a ‘transfer insider’ like so many other ITKs.

Still I’d have loved Mandzukic here, assuming he can still run a bit.

Edit: woops, re-reading that I think you say ‘his agent, then Romano’ and I thought you were saying Romano was his agent.

Yeah correct re your edit.  

Not sure I can explain why you’ve never heard it.  Do you live in Birmingham? know many other Villa fans close to the club?  Can only think something like that maybe the difference but there was some press about it as well outside what I knew.

Just quickly googled the below

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-mario-mandzukic-19356342

https://www.football-italia.net/161411/mandzukic-rejected-villa-and-west-ham

I hadn’t seen either of these articles (hate the mail) but there are more out there and on other social media platforms.  I tried to find the quote from his agent but I can’t at the moment.

On 12/03/2021 at 13:10, nick76 said:

It’s common knowledge that we were desperately trying to sign Mario Mandzukic, from his agent, then Romano, never mind local people who are in the know.  Even if you dispute that there were less certain links to other strikers.

You're correct Nick. He was that player that had 'Done it all in the game'.

5 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I’m not doubting you but I absolutely love Mandzukic and I read embarrassingly obsessively about Villa every day and I had never heard this until you just mentioned it.

It has been mentioned on this forum a few times here and there by a few posters that we almost signed him, so I'm not sure how you may have missed it being such an obsessive reader!?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You're correct Nick. He was that player that had 'Done it all in the game'.

It has been mentioned on this forum a few times here and there by a few posters that we almost signed him, so I'm not sure how you may have missed it being such an obsessive reader!?

Yeah really weird one, as I say I was not doubting @nick76 and when I read it last night I googled and saw the articles. Somehow this one just totally passed me by and I don’t understand how!

• Like 1

Cant wait to have him back and playing with a more settled and cohesive team, with much better players around him than when he joined us.
We were, to be fair, terrible when he joined us because we had to cobble together a squad of players in the space of a single window... but he still managed to score a few goals...

He is a massive improvement on Davis, we need another option, and I am confident that having Big Wes back will be a huge boost to our attacking threat

On 20/03/2021 at 11:16, Adam2003 said:

Yeah really weird one, as I say I was not doubting @nick76 and when I read it last night I googled and saw the articles. Somehow this one just totally passed me by and I don’t understand how!

Me too... I recall the links we had to someone that had been there and done it all, but don't recall ever finding out who that was.

Even just as a link outside of that specific rumour, I don't remember him being linked to us. Wonder where I was during the lifetime of that rumour/ news. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It wouldn't suprise me if we actually tried to offload him in the summer.

Football insider says exactly that today, a loan they think with a new forward coming in....

Its not the worst idea but it does make me think if you are going to get rid of some then Davis first please!

It could also mean they want a full season regaining form and fitness in someone’s first team for him to come back...

it could also be bollocks media talk 😂

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It wouldn't suprise me if we actually tried to offload him in the summer.

Yup. 

It would surprise me a whole lot more if there was anything else in mind to be honest.

On 15/03/2021 at 10:00, The Fun Factory said:

Its a very sobering thought that Wesley has only played 1 match this decade so far.

Some people have not even been to a Villa match this decade 😞

On 15/03/2021 at 09:07, Zhan_Zhuang said:

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step!

martial arts what GIF by Shaw Brothers

didnt this guy die to poisoned fish sauce??

doesnt bode well for our friend Wesley......

Â