Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Touch and running ( From the limited clip on OS ) look good in that video as well.

Looks to have packed on a little bit more beef as well, good signs IIMO.

He does look a bit more pumped. I really hope he can prove a few people wrong. He was just starting to show signs when he got injured. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

in a somewhat related topic, why do people on social media have a real bee in their bonnet about what the score was in these friendlies that are played behind closed doors? they're a glorified kick about, but it really bugs some people that the club release very few details about the game

It's like when don't disclose exactly when a player will be returning. Some fans just feel entitled to know every detail of the club for some reason.

• Like 1

Normally after such a traumatic injury, most may not get over it. But feel most players from that region normally have strong mental strength/ will to succeed, especially Wesley with the childhood he had. If he get few games under his belt , confidence will return & anyone who overcome life’s worst adversity will normally becomes stronger mentally. 

Can’t wait to see what’s he like when he have better players around, as compare to last season . 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To me, he looked quite skinny when he just came back.

We can compromise and say he looks jacked and lean. lol

Meatball will sort him out and get him on his guts and butts gym routine. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Digavilla said:

Can’t wait to see what’s he like when he have better players around, as compare to last season . 

I would love to see him play with Ollie and with Jack behind them at 10.

If he can't do it with those two around him and Cash and Targett providing the crossing then he's not what I hoped he would become.

13 hours ago, Digavilla said:

Normally after such a traumatic injury, most may not get over it. But feel most players from that region normally have strong mental strength/ will to succeed, especially Wesley with the childhood he had. If he get few games under his belt , confidence will return & anyone who overcome life’s worst adversity will normally becomes stronger mentally. 

I’d argue we don’t have better players around him in the forward positions than last season.. 

Now or never for big (still big or now leaner??) Wes - hopefully he's got the attitude to really attack this second chance and have an impact like Jack did after his freak kidney/spleen/uterus injury. 

3 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

We do if he were to play with Jack and Ollie??

We had Jack last season and whilst I really rate Ollie, he’s more of a finisher than a creative force. 

The way we’ve been playing lately, I’d be surprised if Ronaldo scored in our team. 

Creative players are a must in the Summer to compliment Jack. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d argue we don’t have better players around him in the forward positions than last season.. 

I think we do. Assuming we are talking about 4 attacking players, Wes being one and ignoring formations. We could have a 3 from Watkins, Grealish, Traore and Barkley (should he ever find form again) up there with him. That's better than El Ghazi, Trez and Grealish from last season, and that's not considering Grealish playing CM sometimes last season.

However the big problem from where I am looking at it is, should he come into a team playing like we have in the last couple of weeks then he will struggle. He will again be isolated and balls hoofed up to him with the nearest player 40 yards away and no urgency to get up and help him. Had he come in to a team playing like we did in the first half of the season then he would of course look better.

The way we are playing at the moment Lewandowski would struggle up front for us.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

We had Jack last season and whilst I really rate Ollie, he’s more of a finisher than a creative force. 

The way we’ve been playing lately, I’d be surprised if Ronaldo scored in our team. 

Creative players are a must in the Summer to compliment Jack. 

I absolutely agree that we need creative players - two wide players and an ACM - in the summer but I do think Jack playing off Ollie and another striker would be really interesting to see.  I would do this with Davis and would certainly try it with Wes if he were fit.

It might not work BUT it cannot be any worse than what we have witnessed over the last 10 games or so!!

Â