Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

On 26/03/2021 at 18:06, Indigo said:

Well now I don't know what to think.😂

He is definitely slimmer now, and I think that's good, I thought he had to much gym/night club/body builder-muscles before, his chest muscles were unnatural for a football player. I think it will benefit his mobility and agility to be slimmer, he is still a real unit though, but more apt to playing football now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

When he fist arrived folks used to say he was a more a 10 than a 9. 

I'd live to see what he could do in the barkley role!

Good point.

I too would be very interested to see what Wesley could offer playing in that role.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Good point.

I too would be very interested to see what Wesley could offer playing in that role.

and at 6ft 3 would be some extra height in the team that some are craving for.  Height isn’t everything but it would be nice to have some more height in the team.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I’m actually excited at the idea of Wesley and Watkins playing as a front two, think that could be super dangerous.

Though doubt we will play two strikers ever. 

I agree that Smith is not a fan but he has done it a couple of times towards the end of games recently.

Personally, given the absolute lack of talent in wide positions other than Jack, I think it could suit us perfectly and would also allow Jack more freedom/make it harder for teams to set a plan for Jack, if he were given a licence to roam/free role at 10 (or even as the second striker with BT at 10). 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

and at 6ft 3 would be some extra height in the team that some are craving for.  Height isn’t everything but it would be nice to have some more height in the team.

I am sure we have another player on the bench as well Nick, sits at 6' 2", plays the striker role, I forgot his name..

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, nick76 said:

Height is pointless if you can't use your head. Watkins is our shortest striker is he not and the only one that's put the ball in the back of the net using his Noggin..

38 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Height is pointless if you can't use your head. Watkins is our shortest striker is he not and the only one that's put the ball in the back of the net using his Noggin..

Fair enough but that extra size in frame can help fend players off as you can see in this clip.

26 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Fair enough but that extra size in frame can help fend players off as you can see in this clip.

So yes you are right there we need a wide load player who can Booty them on out the way, Wesley have you gained a bubble butt whilst injured if so Villa are on to a winner 🤣🤣..

12 hours ago, Nigel said:

When he fist arrived folks used to say he was a more a 10 than a 9. 

I'd live to see what he could do in the barkley role!

I wonder what it is about the number 10 position - it seems to be the suggested home for many players who struggle in the position they were signed for.

Over the years I don't think I've known anyone transition into the 10 position and make a sustained impact.

12 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So yes you are right there we need a wide load player who can Booty them on out the way, Wesley have you gained a bubble butt whilst injured if so Villa are on to a winner 🤣🤣..

I may be being dumb first thing on a Sunday but I don’t understand the comment, honestly.  I think I need more coffee.

Having an extra body upfront holding off players and play passing with others like Jack and Ollie can only be a good thing.  Everything some have wanted KD in for but Wes can score as well, not vast amounts but at least can score.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I may be being dumb first thing on a Sunday but I don’t understand the comment, honestly.  I think I need more coffee.

Having an extra body upfront holding off players and play passing with others like Jack and Ollie can only be a good thing.  Everything some have wanted KD in for but Wes can score as well, not vast amounts but at least can score.

I really don't think hold up play and retaining possession in the final 3rd is our problem.

It's the lack of killer passes and killer finishes.

I know OW is flavour of the month - but for me he is drifting out wide too much in recent games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It's not you being dumb it's me being daft and thinking ifwe can't get Wes to work we can at least use him as a player who could just use his body like an American footballer and pave the way for Watkins to be clear in goal.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

I wonder what it is about the number 10 position - it seems to be the suggested home for many players who struggle in the position they were signed for.

Over the years I don't think I've known anyone transition into the 10 position and make a sustained impact.

I think it also depends what you define as a number 10.  Kane has been dropping deeper and creating chances for others like Son running through which traditionally would be a Number 10 role but we would consider him a number 9 today.  Same with Ollie, he does a lot of work rate and drops deeper like an old number 10 but is a Number 9.  The traditional number 9 like Suarez is becoming less and less.  The number 10 for some seems a combination of No 8 and 10.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nick76 said:

😀....One factor, never is everything.....but it helps.

Â