Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, jimmygreaves said:

Why is it always a "Rolls Royce"...... Not, say, a Bentley or Maybach????

I'd say more like a Jaaag. Serene most of the time until it goes wrong usually expensive. 

Absolute Rolls Royce tonight. MOTM. That header when stones let Dykes go whoop. You can see everyone was sharpening their knives.

Some early ratings and all I can say is "WHAT!?" Maybe I missed some things during the game but the first two seem insulting?

From the Independent:

Tyrone Mings - 6 out of 10

Solid enough but on borrowed time with the return of Harry Maguire, whose ability to carry the ball up the pitch will be welcomed with open arms.

NBC Sports:

Tyrone Mings: 6 – Did okay, but Adams and Dykes gave him some problems.

SkySports seem to have their heads on right:

Tyrone Mings - 8

Scotland's direct style may well have played to his strengths, but that shouldn't detract from his excellence against the visitors' aerial threat. One of the few England players to come out of the game with his reputation enhanced.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Another solid performance from our Mingsy. He defended well and leads the line with authority. I’ve noticed that he’s playing it safe a lot with his passing, I wonder if that’s an instruction from Southgate. I.e. you do the defending and give the ball to Stones for the passing. 

We all know Tyrone is capable of passing through the lines, he just seems hesitant to try it in and England shirt. He also looked quite frustrated at times so it’s probably the complete lack of movement that’s hindering his proactivity. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

England best player so far in the tournament. Anybody disagrees no idea about football 

Without a doubt. Even my Bluenose supporting mate (he’s a mutant as far as Blues fans go, he’s intelligent and talks sense) messaged me after the game to say he was England’s best player. 

Played well again. Won't stop safegate playing his mucker Slab Head when he's fit.

It'll be Mings that gets dropped, not the other CH

3 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Without a doubt. Even my Bluenose supporting mate (he’s a mutant as far as Blues fans go, he’s intelligent and talks sense) messaged me after the game to say he was England’s best player. 

No such thing. You obviously inhabit a parrallel universe.

• Haha 1

Â