Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

On 31/01/2019 at 10:24, Stevo985 said:

I would assume it means it gives us priority.

So if Derby offer £5m for him in the summer, we get first dibs but we have to match their offer.

I guess it's the same as an option to buy, but it allows the selling club to not set a fee at this stage.

Edit: too slow. Yeah I'd basically assume it meant what you've said in your post just before this one.

I think a matching offer is to ensure that the selling club can't accept an offer from Derby for 5 million and then go to Villa oh you want him? Well for you he's 20 million. Take it or leave it - on the off chance he does well for us and we're desperate to keep him.

Just in case anyone was still wondering what I think a matching offer is.

Anyway he was talking today about Priti Patel not supporting the kneeling gesture, and was very eloquent and an impressive speaker. I'd let him advise me on a mortgage for sure

• Haha 1

What a guy, can see why people hate him. He has his own opinions and is direct about it. 

He will get slaughtered for calling out Patel whenever England get knocked out

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

When Mings comes out of the this tournament a national hero then I hope he gives some credit to El Ghazi for injuring Maguire for him.

Wasn't el ghazi fouled. So credit goes to the man United player who did that. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What a guy, can see why people hate him. He has his own opinions and is direct about it. 

Could you post it on here? 

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

She's a pathetic moronic click bait politician. She's worse than football insider.

Mings is lion. 

• Like 2

On the athletic England podcast, the one bloke was talking about Ty and how he was the one player that Croatia didn’t rate as they never closed him down and gave him all the time. Not once did he actually say that suited England as Ty could then find Sterling with the ball (yet he praised Sterling for running in behind 🤦🏻‍♂️). I thought Dan Bardell would’ve called him up on that and given Ty more praise (we know you’re reading Dan 😜).

It is odd how little some mainstream media know nothing about Ty, they all think he’s some clogger who can’t do anything with the ball.

6 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I just don't understand how Mings gets dropped after that performance against Croatia.

I rate Maguire, and I think most non-Villa fans (not just bitter Bluenose types) would say he's usually a better player than Mings... but straight after an injury? Nah. I would stick with Mings and let him fight to keep that shirt.

Sadly Mings seems to be a focal point for criticism, including amongst our own fans. I've never really understood it. Yes he has a mistake in him, but you can say that of pretty much any CB.

People are talking about Maguire as if he's Bobby Moore, Tony Adams, Sol Campbell, John Terry or Rio Ferdinand. Come on. He's 28 and hasn't won a single trophy in his career. He's never made a PL team of the year. He's got 32 England caps. He's a good defender, but **** off is he good enough to walk straight back into an England side the minute he recovers from injury.

Because Southgate. Simple as that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Maguire apparently "fit" to face Scotland. Watch Mings get dropped now despite his excellent performance against Croatia.

Utterly depressing.

Maguire isnt a player that gets match fit immediately, he isnt a naturally fit guy and probably needs 3 or 4 games to get fit as seen last season. could see Dykes turning him inside out and embarrass him which says it all

11 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

If you listen to the media and pundits, the gulf between Mings and Maguire is absolutely enormous, they desperate for him to start, desperate. 

If we do get knocked out of the tournament I hope its from a combined Maguire and Pickford howler. They are a pair of overrated goons.

the way the media and Southgate are going along I would think Maguire is one of the greatest defenders ever. Its similar to the Van Dijk crap

Â