Sun gave him 7 stones 6

NBC both 7s 

Evening standard - 7 went long often with mixed success, stones 8

Sport bible 7, stones 6

Express 8, stones 7

Mirror both 7s

Football London both 6s the cheery **** 

Rio seemed pretty impressed.

Also an article on the Grealish thread featuring analysis from TIFO that states Sterling was played because of his ability to run in behind and the long ball from Mings was a key part of this stratgey!

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Stones being some technical centre back is also a joke. He is decent on the ball but for an English player he looks like some elite centre back, James Collins was good on the ball too if that the case 🙄

Stones has been immense all season, a couple of silly mistakes and people are on his back again. These players are not superhuman, they will make mistakes, it is up to them to minimise them. James Collins was good on the ball, he could ping it long time and time again and he could consistently find his target. What did you think of Mings’ performance this evening?

• Like 1

On 12/06/2021 at 17:45, MotoMkali said:

Maybe if you actually had a competent manager.

But I think Chelsea is still substantially better as are a fully fit and firing Liverpool team. 

He is a competent manager and he was an excellent player too, he gets so much from fans. For me, he’s doing a great job, he got us to the semi finals of the 2018 World Cup, let’s see if he can do something similar in this tournament, he’s made a great start 

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Stones has been immense all season, a couple of silly mistakes and people are on his back again.

Firstly welcome back :) 

Secondly, this is the criticize Mings thread  for making silly mistakes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks :) Mings didn’t put a foot wrong last night, maybe we could praise him for a change. It was the best performance I’ve seen from a Villa player at an international tournament, I’m 30

Welcome back, Sir!!!  We've missed your eternal optimism around here.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The criticism for long balls is a bit harsh, that seemed to be the manager's plan. 

He was brilliant defensively, rock solid. Not sure why you'd replace him with Maguire unless Maguire was completely 100%

The long balls are part of Mings’ game, at least it clears the danger momentarily at least.

If fit, Maguire will come back in next match, he plays for Manchester United and they paid £80m for him

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Not sure why you'd replace him with Maguire unless Maguire was completely 100%

Because in his absence Maquire is being misremembered by pundits as the second coming. 

• Like 2

I'd love it when slabhead comes in for Tyrone he drops some clangers. Tyrone is better than him at everything. As is Konsa. 

"Oh but he doesn't play champions League football" said the pundits. That's why he lead scumchester United to the champions League trophy.

I do find it perplexing that Maguire seems to be immune from criticism, every game I see him play he has a shaky moment or three in. He's not a world class defender, he just happens to be Manchester United captain. 

Stones has been brilliant this season, but he still gifted Villa a goal this season and last.

Defenders make mistakes, it's how they get back up that defines them, Tyrone gets up off the mat and performs straight off, no hiding. 

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It was Mings' best performance for a long time, in and England or a Villa shirt

He’s always had the ability, his issue for Villa has been maintaining total concentration and focus for the full 90 mins. To do it in the manner he did yesterday, with the whole country watching, feels like a mental hurdle crossed. Hopefully he’ll go from strength to strength now.

• Like 1

Sky write up of him said, "there were questions of whether he could cope in a back 4 without extra defender as cover. And he did well but it is England's weakest position." 

I hope he keeps proving these idiots wrong.

Is it 5 straight clean sheets hes had for England now?

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Sky write up of him said, "there were questions of whether he could cope in a back 4 without extra defender as cover. And he did well but it is England's weakest position." 

I hope he keeps proving these idiots wrong.

Is it 5 straight clean sheets hes had for England now?

Think they wrote that for Coady then realised shit, Mings played 

• Like 2

Â