Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 clean sheets in a row yet Mings bashing. What a surprise

I think Mings could cure cancer and people would conpain about something stupid like he didnt wash his hands

The dislike of Mings is so weird from some, him being vocal on his views on racusm and other things is nearly certainly the reason for the dislike 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Anyway so far he is Englands best player in the tournament, will br funny when he is dropped for Maguire who is so off the pace

Southgate and the English media think he is some once in a generation defender its bizarre 😂😂

I’ve been a harsh critic of Tyrone in the past but he’s really excelled under huge pressure for England - let’s be clear a lot of people were just waiting for him to put a single foot wrong and he didn’t. 

whatever happens  now with Maguire he’s proven himself at this level and hopefully that will give him even more confidence/focus with us next season. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Anyway so far he is Englands best player in the tournament, will br funny when he is dropped for Maguire who is so off the pace

Southgate and the English media think he is some once in a generation defender its bizarre 😂😂

He amounts more or less to a glorified Shane Duffy. It is unbelievable. It really shows the dearth of top level defenders around at the minute.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Junxs said:

Are we really having a go at him for calling another teams training ground better than ours?

It doesn't mean he's going to slap in a transfer request or anything!

He's just showing some appreciation to a host, nothing to see here

jack has literally said he'd like to play for mourinho one day and publicly criticised his club team mates that we've got no one that can deliver a good set piece (not that he's wrong there). not one word said against him. yet tyrone makes an off the cuff comment about how good a training ground is and it's become a thing. we're a weird bunch.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

jack has literally said he'd like to play for mourinho one day and publicly criticised his club team mates that we've got no one that can deliver a good set piece (not that he's wrong there). not one word said against him. yet tyrone makes an off the cuff comment about how good a training ground is and it's become a thing. we're a weird bunch.

I'm still not even sure he was talking about ours. To rinse him so much over that when it's not even clear is just bizarre.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

2 clean sheets in a row yet Mings bashing. What a surprise

I think Mings could cure cancer and people would conpain about something stupid like he didnt wash his hands

The dislike of Mings is so weird from some, him being vocal on his views on racusm and other things is nearly certainly the reason for the dislike 

I'm not saying that's not a factor, but there was a lot of criticism thrown his way long before he started openly expressing those views. He's been heavily criticised by villa fans since the first time he made an error, and from the outside footballing community since he accidentally stepped on 2 players heads!

Blaming it on him being outspoken on racism is just conformation bias

I love him and have since we signed him, I think he's our best defender by a mile and if you take him out of the team Konsa would start to struggle, the fact he's such a good public speaker just makes me love the guy more. Him and Jack are the 2 players I actually love like I did the likes of Yorke and Bosnich when I was a kid 

1. He may have been talking about the England facilities rather than villas.

2. He didn't say they were better anyway. He said "I thought we had good facilities until I came here..." what he doesn't say is that he now thinks our facilities are exceptional and top class.

Not sure its worth reading anything in to in any case. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

He amounts more or less to a glorified Shane Duffy. It is unbelievable. It really shows the dearth of top level defenders around at the minute.

Shane effing Duffy you know. 🤣

5 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

We really do underrate our own, he’s a fantastic player, people forget how inexperienced he is at the top level. He’ll only get better, hopefully with us but I think there will be interest from other clubs after this tournament 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We really do underrate our own, he’s a fantastic player, people forget how inexperienced he is at the top level. He’ll only get better, hopefully with us but I think there will be interest from other clubs after this tournament 

They are talking about slab head, the refrigerator etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Will be gutted, but not the least bit surprised if Tyrone is dropped for Maguire, who, on balance over the 2 games, I thought he's been as good as anybody for England. 

Even Henry Winter - who has gone very odd recently - has put out a team in which the only change from the horseshit against Scotland is Maguire for Mings. 

I kinda hope Maguire plays, and we concede 3. (And Jack comes on in the 70th minute, and scores 4).

16 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

They are talking about slab head, the refrigerator etc. 

My bad, I think our expectations of players especially at international are too high. It’s like with some sections of supporters and press that they wait for players to make mistakes and pounce on them when they do. It’s a sad state of affairs but I think that is the reality of the situation 

I don't get what the press has against Tyrone.  The guy is incredibly intelligent, self-aware, and has a work ethic that puts most people to shame.  It's quite remarkable that he's only been playing as a central defender for 2.5 seasons and has climbed all the way to being the starting vocal organizer/leader of the backline of England in a major international tournament.  Racism has to be a large part of the negative image surrounding him in the press, because he hasn't put in a foot wrong so far this tournament and unlike the Grealish controversy, Southgate has gotten the CB pairing correct so far.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I don't get what the press has against Tyrone.  The guy is incredibly intelligent, self-aware, and has a work ethic that puts most people to shame.  It's quite remarkable that he's only been playing as a central defender for 2.5 seasons and has climbed all the way to being the starting vocal organizer/leader of the backline of England in a major international tournament.  Racism has to be a large part of the negative image surrounding him in the press, because he hasn't put in a foot wrong so far this tournament and unlike the Grealish controversy, Southgate has gotten the CB pairing correct so far.  

I think it is also to do with him having a few misdemeanours on the field like (accidentally I think) stamping on Nelson Olivera and there have been more incidents with Mings on the field but I can’t remember the exact details, maybe someone kind can put me right

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think it is also to do with him having a few misdemeanours on the field like (accidentally I think) stamping on Nelson Olivera and there have been more incidents with Mings on the field but I can’t remember the exact details, maybe someone kind can put me right

He's had two incidents throughout his entire career...  Two...  The first was a blatant stamp on Ibrahimovic, which he was correctly given a 5 match ban for.  The other was the Olivera incident, which was horrific, but accidental.  Since the Ibra incident was the last major press story involving Mings, when the Olivera stamp happened, it became international news and the narrative was '"Dirty player with a prior record of being dirty does another dirty thing and should be banned from the game".  

Apart from both of those incidents, He's been extremely clean and professional on the pitch.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He's had two incidents throughout his entire career...  Two...  The first was a blatant stamp on Ibrahimovic, which he was correctly given a 5 match ban for.  The other was the Olivera incident, which was horrific, but accidental.  Since the Ibra incident was the last major press story involving Mings, when the Olivera stamp happened, it became international news and the narrative was '"Dirty player with a prior record of being dirty does another dirty thing and should be banned from the game".  

Apart from both of those incidents, He's been extremely clean and professional on the pitch.  

Except for the recent clothe lining of an opponent in an England friendly for which he said "If VAR was in use I'd have been sent of for that ...but it wasn't".

In the scheme of filthy players though,  he's nothing compared with Ben Mee.

And I think @PieFacE called it correctly earlier. He is hated by the media because he doesn't fit the profile they want: either Stupid footballer does stupid things, or exceptional footballer does exceptional things.  He's an intelligent footballer, that uses his platform to fight for change, rather than letting his football do the talking. They don't know how to handle it,  so they knock him down to make his non-football arguments seem less valid.

• Like 1

Â