Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's funny was listening to The Athletic podcast the other day and they're not Villa fans and was saying how good Mings was first game but if he plays second game he's always got a mistake in him. It's a shitty attitude and they would never make negative mention about slab head Maguire or Stones because they play for Manchester clubs

I hoped they noticed stones nearly costing England thrice when he watched dykes and Adams run off him and Mings bailed him out on each occasion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I hoped they noticed stones nearly costing England thrice when he watched dykes and Adams run off him and Mings bailed him out on each occasion.

Unfortunately it sounded like they were creating a told you so narrative in advance of the game to potentially fall back on. I look forward to the dissection of the Scotland game podcast

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The worst part of it is this notion that Ty is somehow bad with the ball at his feet. It's a toss up between him and Stones really, but Ty has something in his locker that none of them have. Those fizzed in, 90 mph passes along the floor to the full backs/wingers. Those break through the lines faster than any of Maguire's ambling runs forward with the ball.

He's also the only one who can beat a man and run up the line and put a cross in. Which is a key part of villas attack at least once a game one of konsa or mings will beat their man and carry it to the half. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He's also the only one who can beat a man and run up the line and put a cross in. Which is a key part of villas attack at least once a game one of konsa or mings will beat their man and carry it to the half. 

If he tried that Southgate would substitute him off immediately and never select him again. His England career would be over. 

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If he tried that Southgate would substitute him off immediately and never select him again. His England career would be over. 

My general point he is also the best at dribbling out of all of them as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

Mings has been English MOTM in both games so far. But the minute Maguire is fit waistcoat will drop him. 

No doubt, GS will drop Mings to fit Maguire in, despite the fact he and Stones are the only solid pairing on the pitch and we’re not conceding. 

Loving Mings’ attitude and application so far. He’s been quality. 

7 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

He's been superb so far, yet you know he will be replaced by Captain Boring next match. He absolutely **** loves Maguire and Stones.

I've always thought he looked like a Captain Scarlet puppet. Maybe this is Captain Boring? 

image.png.7e73968fe2267b77ccf264f605263646.png

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Mings has been English MOTM in both games so far. But the minute Maguire is fit waistcoat will drop him. 

Southgate will be an absolute plank if he drops him. Mings has had two really good games and will now be full of confidence. Hopefully he will keep his place!

43 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

No chance, there's no way Southgate would drop a player who when he plays, is England's MOTM in each game, for someone else who has either been off form or who isn't fit.

Never

Cough**Grealish**cough

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Gary Neville, just before the Germany game was talking about England. He said we have to play 2 holding midfielders as the defence isn’t good enough and they need protecting. What a load of tosh, did he not watch yesterday, the midfield didn’t protect at all, it was Mings clearing everything and tidying up. He was also the most vocal on the pitch directing everyone into position.

You're right. Most of us going into the tournament were worried about the GK and CBs. But Pickford, Mings and Stones all look in good form. Definitely an argument for dropping one of Rice or Phillips (I don't really mind which one) and then that gives you scope to play Mount + Foden/Grealish/Sancho in front of the DM.

Be amazed if Southgate does this though.

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't need to get carried away on the back of a couple of international performances, I've watched him play some 80 odd times for Aston Villa. I know how good he is. 

I’m just really pleased for him as I think it’s been his ambition and dream.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Remember when Bournemouth thought they'd had our pants down for £25 million. 

Brilliant. 

Quite incredible we could have definitely bought him for <£12m January 2019.

What on earth were Bournemouth doing with him?! They had Steve Cook centre half!

Â