Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As I commented on the facebook post in response:

" Jack just said he hopes to play under Mourinho one day on Talksport ( Not wise words, thinking of Deano and Villa etc), and no one batted an eyelid, so why should they be upset about Mings commenting on a training facility? 🤦🏿. Seems outrage is selected based on how loved a player is ffs. Non story. " "

Sometimes I feel like some people will look for any reason to have a dig at Mings, when in reality, he is probably one of our more intelligent players, and wouldn't spout nonsense for the sake of it, without knowing what , or why he is saying what he is.

In what way was I having a dig at Mings? Jesus **** Christ. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah I don't really get the outrage. We've been back in the prem for 2 years. 

Look at the stadium spurs have. Their facilities being better than ours is hardly a massive issue. 

Once again.  Where is the bloody outrage? 

Show me where there has been white hot anger about this? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Once again.  Where is the bloody outrage? 

Show me where there has been white hot anger about this? 

No you're right. Outrage was completely the wrong word. I didn't read the whole thread properly. 

Apologies.

• Like 2

I'm sure if we ventured on to villa social media it wouldn't take long to find some outrage 

Its also not surprising that there's comments from spurs fans having the dig that he's not good enough for them and they hope he doesn't go back there again... 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Jack just said he hopes to play under Mourinho one day on Talksport ( Not wise words, thinking of Deano and Villa etc), and no one batted an eyelid, so why should they be upset about Mings commenting on a training facility? 🤦🏿. Seems outrage is selected based on how loved a player is ffs. Non story. " "

Sometimes I feel like some people will look for any reason to have a dig at Mings, when in reality, he is probably one of our more intelligent players, and wouldn't spout nonsense for the sake of it, without knowing what , or why he is saying what he is.

Jack was just being courteous, in response to Mourinho waxing lyrical about him.....its just a throw away comment to fill the interview time.....He looked about as interested in playing for Mourinho as me writing this.

Jack loves Villa, he is where he wants to be.

but your're right JV the media hang on to every word as if its literal.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Whilst I agree with the general sentiment in your post about nothing worthy of having a dig at Tyrone over this (although @sidcow clearly wasn’t) I’m not quite sure what you mean by the bit in bold.

The way that reads is that Tyrone spouted a bunch of nonsense, but is intelligent enough to know exactly what he was saying?  That it was a calculated, and thought out statement about comparing Tottenham’s facilities with (I assume) ours?

I actually think that it was not that at all.  I think it was a throwaway comment, not intended as any kind of insult, but absolutely not thought out at all.  There wasn’t really a need to say it, and has caused a little bit of an unnecessary (but unwarranted) stir - so no, he had no idea why he was saying it.  He just said it because he thought it.

But 100%, ordinarily he is an excellent speaker, and is usually very calculated and thoughtful in his interviews, and there is nothing here to have a go at him for.

• Like 1

Just read the quotes. I'm by no means outraged, but at the same time I don't particularly want to hear any Villa players comparing our facilities (or any other part of our club) unfavourably to another's.

Reeks of classlessness from him, and the phrasing is poor. "I thought we had a good training ground until I came here." We do, and a bloody good one at that. Sorry it's not good enough for ya though Tyrone.

18 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Just read the quotes. I'm by no means outraged, but at the same time I don't particularly want to hear any Villa players comparing our facilities (or any other part of our club) unfavourably to another's.

Reeks of classlessness from hithe phrasing is poor. "I thought we had a good training ground until I came here." We do, and a bloody good one at that. Sorry it's not good enough for ya though Tyrone.

Yes he could have praised their facilities without comparing them to ours or added thats its quality to have all the facilities that we have at Bodymoor Heath.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Reeks of classlessness from him, and the phrasing is poor. "I thought we had a good training ground until I came here." We do, and a bloody good one at that. Sorry it's not good enough for ya though Tyrone.

I can’t for the life of me understand why there needs to be such harsh criticism of his quote. It’s not like he said Villa is trash. Some of y’all need to take a step back and stop being overly sensitive to a simple comment.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I thought he was referring to Englands.

51 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Why? 

It is what it is, spurs £45m training ground is better than our £20m training ground and £6m extension? 

So what? You would expect it to be, same with Leicesters new £95m training ground to be better than both 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Why? 

It is what it is, spurs £45m training ground is better than our £20m training ground and £6m extension? 

So what? You would expect it to be, same with Leicesters new £95m training ground to be better than both 

Either or both of those being amazing doesn't make our facilities bad. Which is why saying something like "I thought we had a good training ground until I came here"  is dumb, poorly phrased, and unnecessary really.

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Either or both of those being amazing doesn't make our facilities bad. Which is why saying something like "I thought we had a good training ground until I came here"  is dumb, poorly phrased, and unnecessary really.

Disagree

Its a nothing comment 

We have a good training ground, they have a better one 

Whats he said that's wrong? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Disagree

Its a nothing comment 

We have a good training ground, they have a better one 

Whats he said that's wrong? 

If I have to repeat myself verbatim again, you're evidently never going to get it.

25 minutes ago, est1874 said:

If I have to repeat myself verbatim again, you're evidently never going to get it.

You’re being completely irrational. You can keep repeating the same post over and over again but it will never make you right. You are taking a simple, innocent comment WAY too seriously.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

You’re being completely irrational. You can keep repeating the same post over and over again but it will never make you right. You are taking a simple, innocent comment WAY too seriously.

Yes, I'm the one taking things too seriously 🤣 Pour yourself a cold one and chill out chap 

Love Mings and believe he’s been England’s best player so far, over both matches. I believe he gets a lot of undue stick due to the fact that he was out protesting (amongst massive crowds during COVID) at a Black Lives Matter rally. A lot of people were really angry with him about that, much like when Anthony Joshua stated that people should support black owned businesses at the same time and thousands of his supporters said they’d no longer support him. I’m not saying this is the reason any of us give him grief but a lot of England fans were definitely not happy about it.  

• Like 1

Â