Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Was a bit worried in an England interview I saw with him last night from the Tottenham training ground where he suggested it was better than ours as ours has only just been rebuilt and is supposed to be about as good as it's possible to be. 

Other than that it was a great interview. He can't play basketball though. 

Edited by sidcow

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Was a bit worried in an England interview I saw with him last night from the Tottenham training ground where he suggested it was better than ours as ours has only just been rebuilt and is supposed to be about as good as it's possible to be. 

I agree a bit of a strange thing to say. He was probably being gracious to the hosts and went a bit OTT.  Spurs training facilities don’t seem to be helping them attract a head coach or keep their best player, no matter how good they are. 

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

linkety linksy?? ❤️ (the bit where he says its better?)

edit: found it, very strange thing to say.....

Edited by MaVilla

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

linkety linksy?? ❤️ (the bit where he says its better?)

It's near the start. He says he thought Villa's was good until he went there but he said it semi jokingly.

I think Villa's will continue to be developed over the next few years though. The new building they just opened is supposed to be state of the art but a lot of the rest of BMH is still from the start of the Randy era.

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I agree a bit of a strange thing to say. He was probably being gracious to the hosts and went a bit OTT.  Spurs training facilities don’t seem to be helping them attract a head coach or keep their best player, no matter how good they are. 

sometimes different SEEMS better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

It's near the start. He says he thought Villa's was good until he went there but he said it semi jokingly.

I think Villa's will continue to be developed over the next few years though. The new building they just opened is supposed to be state of the art but a lot of the rest of BMH is still from the start of the Randy era.

He didn't specifically mention Villa though. I thought he was referring to St George's Park.

Edited by Greenfly
Forgot the name of the England camp.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't need to get carried away on the back of a couple of international performances, I've watched him play some 80 odd times for Aston Villa. I know how good he is. 

Massively under appreciated by some of our fans.  There’s no doubt he does have lapses in concentration which he needs to cut out but that nothing to do with his ability. He is a top defender. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As I commented on the facebook post in response:

" Jack just said he hopes to play under Mourinho one day on Talksport ( Not wise words, thinking of Deano and Villa etc), and no one batted an eyelid, so why should they be upset about Mings commenting on a training facility? 🤦🏿. Seems outrage is selected based on how loved a player is ffs. Non story. " "

Sometimes I feel like some people will look for any reason to have a dig at Mings, when in reality, he is probably one of our more intelligent players, and wouldn't spout nonsense for the sake of it, without knowing what , or why he is saying what he is.

Would add though grealish obviously meant Jose for the England job 😉

The surprise for me was that they're at spurs training facilities and not St George 

Its not outlandish to say that despite our new facilities another teams are even better 

Its also unlikely that players are joining clubs or leaving clubs based on the training facilities any more, those days are gone, Tyrone is not going to put in a transfer request because spurs have a basketball court and we don't 

Absolutely nothing to see here 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

The surprise for me was that they're at spurs training facilities and not St George 

Its not outlandish to say that despite our new facilities another teams are even better 

Its also unlikely that players are joining clubs or leaving clubs based on the training facilities any more, those days are gone, Tyrone is not going to put in a transfer request because spurs have a basketball court and we don't 

I mean I'm pretty sure it's because the spurs ground is in London whereas St George's is like 3 hours away from London. 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They just spent billions on a new ground and facilities, to be fair, if they aren't " better " it's a total failure. Like most other things at that horrid club currently. lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I mean I'm pretty sure it's because the spurs ground is in London whereas St George's is like 3 hours away from London. 

They don't use spurs facilities when we have the international breaks

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They don't use spurs facilities when we have the international breaks

Yeah but we don't always play at Wembley. And a 4 hour journey to Wembley is a lot worse when you have to make it there and back 3 times in 8 days. They train at St George's Park but now the tournament is ongoing they are at the spurs ground. They are playing every game at Wembley. 

Also key point is in non major international tournaments spurs will still be using their training ground. Right now they are all on holiday so it is open. 

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They just spent billions on a new ground and facilities, to be fair, if they aren't " better " it's a total failure. Like most other things at that horrid club currently. lol

Yeah I don't really get the outrage. We've been back in the prem for 2 years. 

Look at the stadium spurs have. Their facilities being better than ours is hardly a massive issue. 

• Like 1

Â