Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

I thought that it spoke volumes that England’s apparently error prone 3rd choice centre back who is a liability waiting to happen and has only a handful  (or two) of international caps - was one of the individuals chosen (or to have the stones) to face the media and give and honest assessment to how he felt...

I thought he spoke eloquently, politely and succinctly without dropping anyone in the shit but giving a very fair opinion and judgement of how the evening went.

Gwan Tyrone

Edited by DJ_Villain
  • Like 3

He was great this evening again. Some of his organisation of the defence is just excellent. He's a fantastic defender who only suffers from his bad mistakes he makes every 8 to 10 games

Edited by CVByrne

Southgate tossing a half fit Maguire straight back in is dumb but probably better off for Mings. That way no one can blame him when England inevitablely loses in the knockout 1-0. 

3 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Why is it always a "Rolls Royce"...... Not, say, a Bentley or Maybach????

You think Tyrone should be compared to David Bentley? 

Taxi Driver Ok GIF

I thought Tyrone had another commanding game tonight , didn’t do anything wrong looked a comfortable leader ,we will have an even better Tyrone for next season to lead us forward , unfortunately after media pressure and poor management slabhead will undoubtedly be brought back in ASAP,  i am sure Tyrone and the AVFC staff will see past this and take the positives which he has achieved  , well done Tyrone 👌

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Had a good game and handled his interview well when being asked if Kane Is crap.

That really was a hospital pass of a question wasn't it. 

• Like 1

Saw one of the papers claim that we need maguire back urgently because of his ability to carry the ball... We've become obsessed with this ball playing CB nonsense haven't we? 

And Maguire, rice, phillips and Kane all in the centre circle trying to get on the ball is not going to fix our problems 

Ty was rock solid again, daft to break the partnership up after 2 clean sheets 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Saw one of the papers claim that we need maguire back urgently because of his ability to carry the ball... We've become obsessed with this ball playing CB nonsense haven't we? 

And Maguire, rice, phillips and Kane all in the centre circle trying to get on the ball is not going to fix our problems 

Ty was rock solid again, daft to break the partnership up after 2 clean sheets 

The worst part of it is this notion that Ty is somehow bad with the ball at his feet. It's a toss up between him and Stones really, but Ty has something in his locker that none of them have. Those fizzed in, 90 mph passes along the floor to the full backs/wingers. Those break through the lines faster than any of Maguire's ambling runs forward with the ball.

I think England's problems lie elsewhere on the pitch if I'm honest. Two clean sheets in two games and the media on about getting Maguire back into the team. I can't see Southgate changing the back line to be honest as long as clean sheets are being produced.

Imagine not being able to get a game at Bournemouth then dropping to the Championship then getting promoted then getting England call up then calling out lazy arses in front of you in Euros. Roy of the Rovers material

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think people are getting carried away a little bit on here. He's done nothing wrong so far but hes come up against two attacks that cant score goals. Hes faced far better opposition in the Premier League so its drop in standard of opposition  for him so far.  Also the fact that Southgate has set up in both games so defensive with two holding midfield players has made his job easier. 

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think people are getting carried away a little bit on here. He's done nothing wrong so far but hes come up against two attacks that cant score goals. Hes faced far better opposition in the Premier League so its drop in standard of opposition  for him so far.  Also the fact that Southgate has set up in both games so defensive with two holding midfield players has made his job easier. 

But you can only perform against who is in front of you......I accept the holding midfielder bit.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think Ty is in really good form.

It's funny was listening to The Athletic podcast the other day and they're not Villa fans and was saying how good Mings was first game but if he plays second game he's always got a mistake in him. It's a shitty attitude and they would never make negative mention about slab head Maguire or Stones because they play for Manchester clubs

Â