Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Nah, VVD is world class.

He is

The problem with VVD is they keep looking backwards for some bizarre reason, he's currently easily the best CB in the PL, one of the best in europe, no argument... So they go looking for an argument... Best CB in the last decade, better than Terry, best CB in PL history... I don't get it 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

On the athletic England podcast, the one bloke was talking about Ty and how he was the one player that Croatia didn’t rate as they never closed him down and gave him all the time. Not once did he actually say that suited England as Ty could then find Sterling with the ball (yet he praised Sterling for running in behind 🤦🏻‍♂️). I thought Dan Bardell would’ve called him up on that and given Ty more praise (we know you’re reading Dan 😜).

It is odd how little some mainstream media know nothing about Ty, they all think he’s some clogger who can’t do anything with the ball.

Errr wouldn't you try and close down and harass the 'shit' player? Especially if they're a CB

Tyrone deserves to start against Scotland following his last performance. It doesn't make sense to rush Maguire back, just because he wants to play. Give him 25 minutes at the end, to prove his fitness, but don't let him walk straight back into the team.  

• Like 2

If that brick-headed shinwagon walks back into the team I hope he has an absolute stinker against the jocks and we get beaten to prove a point to our prick of a manager (then obviously we go through anyway with a win in the last game because wahay go England)...

• Like 1

I would be amazed if Southgate starts a player who hasn’t played since April in an important game. I think far more likely, he will continue with Mings, hope we win and secure our place in quarter finals then use the Czech game to reintroduce Maguire in a low risk game where he can gain fitness.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I would be amazed if Southgate starts a player who hasn’t played since April in an important game. I think far more likely, he will continue with Mings, hope we win and secure our place in quarter finals then use the Czech game to reintroduce Maguire in a low risk game where he can gain fitness.

Imagine the message it sends to the other defenders, same as Trippier the other day, what do Chilwell and Shaw feel about themselves.  Southgate is a tool.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Cock nose is going to drop Mings isn’t he. It’s outrageous really, so much for rewarded form. Same old boys club again. 

I think so.

Again. Like Sterling, Maguire is one of his trusted players.

Can easily see him getting straight into the team.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I think so.

Again. Like Sterling, Maguire is one of his trusted players.

Can easily see him getting straight into the team.

it's the trap every England manager falls into, playing the favourites even when they are out of form or not properly fit.

Dick nose is even happy to play his favourites out of position to get them in the side.

I am totally happy if Tyrone misses out. Southgate deserves to pick the team. He seems to be managing the squad quite well and I expect heavy rotation.

I am gonna wait till he messes up this tournament before second guessing him. Fwiw I think Southgate trusts and likes Mings.

• Like 1

Tyrone has a good game and may be dropped. Phillips has a good game and keeps his place, because Henderson still isn't fit. I get the feeling that whatever they do, the "wally in the waistcoat" will play his "usual suspects", as soon as he possibly can. So much for playing well enough to keep the shirt. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's reported that Mings is starting again, so maybe park your outrage for now.

Different reports going around.

A leaked 11 had Jack starting and Mings on the bench

We'll just gonna have to wait and see

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's reported that Mings is starting again, so maybe park your outrage for now.

So he should and Jack should too. Will my outrage be parked, 50% parked or total outrage in a couple of hours? Time will tell.....;)

Â