Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He is a competent manager and he was an excellent player too, he gets so much from fans. For me, he’s doing a great job, he got us to the semi finals of the 2018 World Cup, let’s see if he can do something similar in this tournament, he’s made a great start 

I agree. Competent is very apt.

He couldn't really go wrong with the front 3 or 4, with the talent at his disposal. Croatia have a good midfield, but the central 3 are all very similar, their widemen aren't particularly skillful or creative. They're a team that on paper England should beat. We should've beaten them at the world Cup too imo.

Trippier at left back still dumb as far as I'm concerned. Mings at left cb we right choice. On balance considering Jack needs his injury to be managed playing Mount and Foden ahead of him made sense. Phillips was a good selection.

For me where he shows his qualities as a manager is in his communication with his players, and the atmosphere he seems to be nurturing. Tactically I think he's average, and rather conservative.

Was a good player for us. left when I became clear Doug never had the ambition to put Villa where they belong. I can't blame him for this.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

He was the best defender yesterday. Keep playing like that and Maguire won't get in the team.... 

Jokes, as soon as he is fit he'll be in the side replacing the best defender for England so far. 

Heard Pearce this morning on TalkSport saying our CBs were still England’s weak spot, while praising Sterling to the heavens and Southgate for not dropping him for “some Jonny cum-lately” (obviously Jack). 

All in all he’s a right cheese pilot, but also acts as a mouthpiece for waistcoat. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what he thinks too. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Please tell me "cheese pilot" is new to the filter 😃

Sterling over the top... A man who can't win an aerial battle or have a great first touch and when he did get in behind over the top wanted to cut inside on to his right foot because he's playing inverted, not once did he get to the byline and cross left footed or from memory even create a chance from that position, the big chance he crated was coming infield from the throw and even that you could analyse super critically and say it was a poor pass behind foden resulting in him cutting inside on his left rather than in front of him resulting in a first time shot on his favoured right foot (but that is super critical) 

Sterling did ok, got the goal but let's not pretend that it's something that will win us the tournament because it won't, not even close, if we take sterling to the bank we're going to be very disappointed 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

Sky write up of him said, "there were questions of whether he could cope in a back 4 without extra defender as cover. And he did well but it is England's weakest position." 

I hope he keeps proving these idiots wrong.

Is it 5 straight clean sheets hes had for England now?

Someone should remind these pundits that Mings plays in a back four every week for Villa. Of course he can cope in an effin back four!?

Unlike Coady

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Please tell me "cheese pilot" is new to the filter 😃

Sterling over the top... A man who can't win an aerial battle or have a great first touch and when he did get in behind over the top wanted to cut inside on to his right foot because he's playing inverted, not once did he get to the byline and cross left footed or from memory even create a chance from that position, the big chance he crated was coming infield from the throw and even that you could analyse super critically and say it was a poor pass behind foden resulting in him cutting inside on his left rather than in front of him resulting in a first time shot on his favoured right foot (but that is super critical) 

Sterling did ok, got the goal but let's not pretend that it's something that will win us the tournament because it won't, not even close, if we take sterling to the bank we're going to be very disappointed 

Foden is left footed

I’m actually quite bemused by the number of football fans who seem convinced Tyrone Mings is pants at football, without much in the way of actual evidence.

I think it’s because he’s been involved in a handful of high profile incidents - the Zlatan stamp, the “mistake” against Man City... and of course his stance on taking the knee (etc). I’d be amazed if many of his critics have actually watched him play 90 mins for Villa.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Dale said:

I do find it perplexing that Maguire seems to be immune from criticism, every game I see him play he has a shaky moment or three in. He's not a world class defender, he just happens to be Manchester United captain. 

Stones has been brilliant this season, but he still gifted Villa a goal this season and last.

Defenders make mistakes, it's how they get back up that defines them, Tyrone gets up off the mat and performs straight off, no hiding. 

Plays for Man United ergo must be nigh on perfect. 

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

I’m actually quite bemused by the number of football fans who seem convinced Tyrone Mings is pants at football, without much in the way of actual evidence.

I think it’s because he’s been involved in a handful of high profile incidents - the Zlatan stamp, the “mistake” against Man City... and of course his stance on taking the knee (etc). I’d be amazed if many of his critics have actually watched him play 90 mins for Villa.

A lot of these are actually villa fans. Just read his thread after he makes a mistake. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A lot of these are actually villa fans. Just read his thread after he makes a mistake. 

Sadly I think some people and fans are inexplicably still quite bitter about Mings speaking out on race and social media bullying issues so he'll be criticised no matter what.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He is a competent manager and he was an excellent player too, he gets so much from fans. For me, he’s doing a great job, he got us to the semi finals of the 2018 World Cup, let’s see if he can do something similar in this tournament, he’s made a great start 

Woahhhh

you come back after about 2 years, and it’s to post this?

Go back into hibernation 😉

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

He was the best defender yesterday. Keep playing like that and Maguire won't get in the team.... 

Jokes, as soon as he is fit he'll be in the side replacing the best defender for England so far. 

Gary Neville is already on the cusp of an orgasm in honour of Maguire's superior leadership experience.

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Yup. Many of them are United fans still mad about the Zlatan incident.

Then, the few times they do watch him play they use a mistake or 2 he makes during a match as confirmation bias that he is indeed shit. We've been watching him for 3 years now and he was pretty much the catalyst to our meteoric rise and is still a vital part of our progression. He must have out of this world leadership qualities then if he's such a shit footballer.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Awol said:

Heard Pearce this morning on TalkSport saying our CBs were still England’s weak spot, while praising Sterling to the heavens and Southgate for not dropping him for “some Jonny cum-lately” (obviously Jack). 

All in all he’s a right cheese pilot, but also acts as a mouthpiece for waistcoat. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what he thinks too. 

Mings is the one Villa defender that I have most fear of a mistake from. However, against Croatia, he was the best defender on the pitch and only behind Phillips as best English player, in my opinion. 

Sterling did nothing apart from his goal and even then he somehow managed to hit the keeper who, fortunately for us, didn't save it. Sterling ran around and tried to do stuff but all he did was run into people or lose the ball. 

Foden was the main outlet at the start but they stopped giving him the ball, for some strange reason. 

Southgate clearly has his favourites and I have no doubt that he would drop Mings for Mcguire is he gets to full fitness. But, if Mings plays like he did against Croatia he should definitely keep the shirt. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

We have the pleasure of supporting Mings week to week. We get to see that he tends to make mistakes in consecutive games. We also get to see that he will then have 3 or 4 blinders in a row after that.  So there is nothing to worry about now in the next 2 group games. Simple

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sometimes they are on here when he doesn't make a mistake 

• Like 1

You watch Maguire replace Mings and make a stupid error.  All will be forgiven because he's not played much football lately / not fully fit yet.

• Like 1

Â