Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

49 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I'm not really sure where Dante was making excuses for him, seemed to me he was just considering a situation he could be integrated back into the squad if he doesn't get a move.

Pretty much, but some people have agendas that go beyond reasoning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I'm not really sure where Dante was making excuses for him, seemed to me he was just considering a situation he could be integrated back into the squad if he doesn't get a move.

You cannot integrate someone who does not want to be integrated.

I'm just going to stop now, it's obvious that the point just isn't sinking in for some.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You cannot integrate someone who does not want to be integrated.

I'm just going to stop now, it's obvious that the point just isn't sinking in for some.

We're just discussing the situation we might find ourselves in if Veretout doesn't get his move (that all of us would like to happen!) and how we can avoid yet another player on stupid wages rotting in the reserves.

But yeah, whatever your point was :thumb:

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

That's so right... er, apart from the person whose post I was quoting. ;)

You'll have to forgive me for not spotting the part where I said he'd be a key, committed member of our squad next season ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

You'll have to forgive me for not spotting the part where I said he'd be a key, committed member of our squad next season ;)

No, that's what I said, it was irony/exaggeration for effect/satire.

And also hardly worth having a long exegetical discussion about. 

• Like 1

If he doesn't want to be here he could instead be plying his trade at probably 90% of the rest of the club's in the world. All he needs to do is agree to wages most normal people could only dream of, say £5k per week and he can be off at the drop of a hat. 

These people drive me to despair. It happens so often (more often than most with us than other clubs)  Player's earning utterly obscene wages moan they are unhappy with their lot but 99% of the time will not consider dropping from massively obscene wages to only mostly obscene wages to get what they want. They have no idea what it means to be stuck in an unfair situation in a job they hate. It's frankly insulting. They are more empowered than probably any class of employee in any businesses anywhere. 

If you don't want to be here Jordan take the pay cut and leave. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

He turned up at training in an orange tracksuit...:blink:... footballers really do live in a different world

I'm impressed he turned up at all.

Didn't realise training started though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

He turned up at training in an orange tracksuit...:blink:... footballers really do live in a different world

He must have stole N'Zogbia locker

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm impressed he turned up at all.

Didn't realise training started though.

Wonder if Gil is here too ?training  started yesterday but I think they are flying to a training camp in Portugal today and hopefully Terry will fly out tomorrow .

He's returned to training as he is contractually obliged to do so. 

I wouldn't read anymore into this as I expect he'll be gone by the time the season starts. 

Looking at Xia's tweets (not specifically about JV) it appears the club are prioritising on getting players out the door as much as them coming in. 

If he would show the right attitude I'd happily try and keep him. While not impressive in the prem I think he would be a good addition to a squad fighting for promotion from the championship. 

Saying that, it seems quite clear that he wants out. So best for all parties if we can get the right deal quickly to make that happen. 

• Like 1

He's better than Gardner and Bacuna, if he gave his all on the pitch I really don't care if he would prefer to be in France. 

Though, I suspect he will end up in France. 

• Like 4

Â