Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Make the **** stay. He can train with the under 8's. Rot and ruin his career. What an absolute arsewipe, can't he just get his move without opening his big mouth. word removed

Edited by Mjvilla

If he cannot find anyone to pay us the money for him and if no club wants him on loan enough to make us an acceptable loan offer then he has little choice but to report back to us for training if he still wants those wages to keep rolling in.

I think we have been very decent with players like Gil and Veretout given they no longer want to play for us. It would be nice if they/their agents were more decent with the football club they still have a contract with. Having contributed to getting us into the mess we are in it would have been nice if they had wanted to help get us out of it rather than looked to wash their hands of us at the first opportunity!  

I look forward to Veretout telling John Terry he does not want to be at the club during pre-season training and to the likely reaction he will get!

Edited by John
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, John said:

If he cannot find anyone to pay us the money for him and if no club wants him on loan enough to make us an acceptable loan offer then he has little choice but to report back to us for training if he still wants those wages to keep rolling in.

I think we have been very decent with players like Gil and Veretout given they no longer want to play for us. It would be nice if they/their agents were more decent with the football club they still have a contract with. Having contributed to getting us into the mess we are in it would have been nice if they had wanted to help get us out of it rather than looked to wash their hands of us at the first opportunity!  

I look forward to Veretout telling John Terry he does not want to be at the club during pre-season training and to the likely reaction he will get!

absolutely. Even if we are planning to sell or loan him I would now make sure he reports back for pre-season training with tail between legs for at least a few weeks.

And make him do aerial duel training with Baker and Terry

• Like 1

So no stampede of clubs breaking the door down with £8m bids then .....speaks volumes.

Poor player with a poor attitude - another loan to another nothing club forthcoming me thinks. 

I don't really get the fuss (as per). Most people don't want him here. The club has transfer listed him. Him stating it publicly just gets the word out there that he's definitely available. What's the problem?

The overreaction on here sometimes is phenomenal. I'd rather have honest players/staff than ones that can't be arsed, but don't do anything about moving on.

• Like 3

Still think there's a good player in there and if he would apply himself at the Villa until January I'm sure player and club would benefit from a move that would suit both. However therein lies the problem and it would be detrimental to team spirit to allow Vertout and indeed McCormack to train with the first team squad when they report back for pre-season.

It might just help though that Vertout is returning to a different manager who could make a difference to his attitude in not wanting to stay at Villa but its doubtful if the player arrives back with the wrong attitude in the first place.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, striker said:

Still think there's a good player in there and if he would apply himself at the Villa until January I'm sure player and club would benefit from a move that would suit both. However therein lies the problem and it would be detrimental to team spirit to allow Vertout and indeed McCormack to train with the first team squad when they report back for pre-season.

It might just help though that Vertout is returning to a different manager who could make a difference to his attitude in not wanting to stay at Villa but its doubtful if the player arrives back with the wrong attitude in the first place.

I think he turned up with the wrong attitude. IMO he never looked committed. 

Do we have any French speakers who could listen to/read the full interview. It could just be wishful thinking, but I saw someone on twitter say that his comments have been taken out of context and him saying "my wish is not to stay there" is about his current loan club not wanting to stump up the cash for him.

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Do we have any French speakers who could listen to/read the full interview. It could just be wishful thinking, but I saw someone on twitter say that his comments have been taken out of context and him saying "my wish is not to stay there" is about his current loan club not wanting to stump up the cash for him.

Wouldn't surprise me if its both. But pretty sure he is talking about villa.

Don't see any problem with what he has said. Signed for us, barely played, out on loan and doesn't want to return to England. Didn't he make it clear before he was struggling with things over here?

Good luck.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Hmm sounds like it actually is us. Found what the Nantes chairman said that upset Veretout.

He said: “Veretout interests me a lot, but he needs time to make a decision. I don’t think you can make a manager like Claudio Ranieri wait. I think you just say yes or no, but you don’t make him wait. I would’ve like him here, so did the manager. I can’t do anything anymore.

“It’s now down to the player’s desire. If Veretout has the intention to start the new season with Aston Villa, his second division club… if that’s his personal ambition, then good for him!”

Veretout was upset that he lacked ambition and confirmed that everyone knows that he doesnt want to stay at Villa. 

EDIT:

Heres more

Kita says he does not understand why you are going back to Aston Villa, the English second division club, and points out your lack of ambition ...

I belong to Aston Villa. I have a [three year] contract with them. I can not do anything. I am obliged to go back there for the preparation as long as I have not signed elsewhere. His statements are somewhat strong. My wish is not to stay there, everybody knows.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

It is just the disrespect. The club know you don't want to be here, we know, other clubs know. I am sure your agent is working double time to get you a move and Villa are working on getting a good deal themselves. Just shut your **** mouth, and wait.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It is just the disrespect. The club know you don't want to be here, we know, other clubs know. I am sure your agent is working double time to get you a move and Villa are working on getting a good deal themselves. Just shut your **** mouth, and wait.

Exactly , get to bodymoor and do what your paid to do until someone makes us an acceptable offer - sick of him bleating how he doesn't want to play for villa - tough it's called a contract !

58 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Even if it is his "wish" as he says, he could do with a lesson in footballing politics.

He could have ended the sentence at "I belong to Aston Villa. I have a [three year] contract with them. I can not do anything. I am obliged to go back there for the preparation as long as I have not signed elsewhere".

He is pretty screwed if the right deal does not emerge.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Kita is trying to get us to lower our price and unsettle the player in the process. He is encouraging JV to behave in a way that is totally unprofessional, he should be fined for making public comments about another club's player (which they are actively seeking to sign). 

As for Veretout, he is more interested in dying his hair blonde than having any pride in his profession or respect for supporters. It seems like his whole experience here was a holiday for him, taking no individual responsibility for the worst season in our history. I actually like him as a player but his attitude is disgusting.

Â