Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

On 5/16/2017 at 21:14, TB said:

Getting quite close to nit-picking here, I know, but nevertheless:

I'd assume many in the game actually had heard of a French U-21 international. Whether they actually rated him is anybody's guess. Obviously, someone at Villa at the time did. Enough to buy him. I think it's quite obviuos that wasn't nice but Tim that made the decision, though, despite all his public boasting at the time.

Out of shape or needing to adjust to a higher pace/intensity?

Showing a lack of effort... As if not being explained the team tactics in a language he can understand, or even getting to grips with a more physical game etc? I wouldn't be surprised if he after a while just gave up.

Generally not wanting to be here? Seriously, who could blame him? I think the biggest mistake Veretout made was to accept a move to Villa at the time he did.

@mikeyp102 (and others): I'm aware that I may come across as a knight in white, shining armour on Veretout's behalf, when in actuality I wouldn't be bothered at all if he moves and we replace him with someone better.

All I'm saying is that especially after that clusterf*ck of a season we had last year, players failing to impress might be given the benefit of the doubt with hindsight, and just might have done better in different circumstances - like having an actual manager with an actual plan. Do anyone seriously believe Sherwood did his best to welcome and integrate his new players? Building a team?

I think it was clear in hindsight that the transfer committee and Tim was not singing off the same hymn sheet......That clearly had an effect on everyone associated with the club.

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

Exactly , get to bodymoor and do what your paid to do until someone makes us an acceptable offer - sick of him bleating how he doesn't want to play for villa - tough it's called a contract !

He's literally stated exactly what you want him to do - he's under contract with us and will prepare with us if there's no offer.

It's just another hilarious overreaction. 

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's literally stated exactly what you want him to do - he's under contract with us and will prepare with us if there's no offer.

His comments several times have made quite clear he   would prefer to stay in France.

We need players here who want to play for Aston Villa .

Edited by Eastie

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Only if you conveniently miss out the end where he says everybody knows I don't want to be there?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

He won’t be here come the start of the season and will either be sold or loaned out again. The last thing we need is players stinking out the place that don’t want to be here.

Yep,same for Gil.

I imagine Veretout said the same to RDM last summer which is why he just disappeared after playing some friendly games.

Don't Nantes want him back given Ranieri is there now?

Edit: Didn't read last page.

Edited by VillaChris

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Don't Nantes want him back given Ranieri is there now?

Nantes and Ranieri link seems an obvious one and there may be something in it. I imagine he'll end up back in Ligue 1 somewhere. He played a lot last season and there's bound to be someone in the league willing to meet his wage demands, then it comes down to how much of a loss we make on him. 

If he didn't want to get away so badly I'd have liked him to be given a chance, think he's got real potential for English football. Maybe a big Brucey arm round the shoulder can get him to have a bit of a rethink, same for Gil. Be interesting to see if Bruce tries to convince a few of them to stick around. 

8 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Kita is trying to get us to lower our price and unsettle the player in the process. He is encouraging JV to behave in a way that is totally unprofessional, he should be fined for making public comments about another club's player (which they are actively seeking to sign). 

As for Veretout, he is more interested in dying his hair blonde than having any pride in his profession or respect for supporters. It seems like his whole experience here was a holiday for him, taking no individual responsibility for the worst season in our history. I actually like him as a player but his attitude is disgusting.

Isnt this tapping up? Veretout clearly said he has spoken with him a few times. Well.. as far as i am aware a fee had not been agreed. 

I wonder if we had got promoted.. whether he would want to return..... 

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Only if you conveniently miss out the end where he says everybody knows I don't want to be there?

How does that make any difference? The club have transfer listed him - why would he comment saying "I'm just so happy to be at Aston Villa"?

It's just ridiculous double standards. 

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

How does that make any difference? The club have transfer listed him - why would he comment saying "I'm just so happy to be at Aston Villa"?

And if he doesn't get a move?

47 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If you don't get the difference there is nothing more I can say.

The "I'm so happy to be at Aston Villa", would have been just as stupid as "Everyone knows I don't want to be there" given the circumstances unless he knows of an imminent move in the pipeline/discussion/offers and is trying to force them through.

Otherwise it's just a naive kid taking Media skills from the Trump University or Saido Berahinho.

Hence my original comment stating he could have just left it at "I'm contracted to them and obliged to report to training (unless/until something changes)?

That is a safe, non committal, and factual statement all round.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wonder how many people want him in and around the team now?

I've lost track of the amount of people I've seen including him in next seasons plans when it's been painfully obvious he had no desire to be here.

TBH most of his lack of desire to play for us probably stems from being shunned during Sherwoods time here.

New owner, new manager, some new faces. I'm sure he'll be better integrated in our current squad that he was and we can turn that desire around. Of course, if a bid comes in for him I do think we sell.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

I can sense he's going to be a key, committed member of our squad next season given what he's saying. "Obliged to stay". Wow, that's legend.

...said no-one, ever.

58 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

TBH most of his lack of desire to play for us probably stems from being shunned during Sherwoods time here.

New owner, new manager, some new faces. I'm sure he'll be better integrated in our current squad that he was and we can turn that desire around. Of course, if a bid comes in for him I do think we sell.

Christ alive.

He doesn't want to be here, he hasn't wanted to be here since he swanned in through the doors.

But sure, make excuses for poor Jordan Veretout.

22 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Christ alive.

He doesn't want to be here, he hasn't wanted to be here since he swanned in through the doors.

But sure, make excuses for poor Jordan Veretout.

I'm not really sure where Dante was making excuses for him, seemed to me he was just considering a situation he could be integrated back into the squad if he doesn't get a move.

Â