Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Not going to lie, didn't recognise all of them. 

Same here, didn't recognise 2nd guy (Bacuna?), the 2 between Connor H & Neil Taylor, and the 2nd last before Amavi.

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we keep him which is unlikely there is no point signing whelan

Bruce wants whelan - he was speaking yesterday about the qualities he could add to the team - very different kind of player to veretout .

We made a bid a couple of weeks ago and nothing has changed," said Bruce.

"That is where we are.

"I think we need to have a little bit more steel and determination and aggression, especially in the Championship. I have left that with the powers that be so that could be the next one hopefully."

Chief executive Keith Wyness insists Villa are still working on the deal, but that it will not happen yet.

"I think that might take a little while," said Wyness. "People are in different parts of the world just now so that one could take another couple of weeks."

Bruce speaks about Villa's pursuit of Glenn Whelan 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/steve-bruce-speaks-aston-villas-13282020#ICID=ios_BMNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Dr Tony has talked about the possibility of him staying. 

I'd be very happy with that. I think he'd be an excellent option at this level. 

Even though he publicly asked to leave? not his manager.. Veretout said it himself....

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

Bruce wants whelan - he was speaking yesterday about the qualities he could add to the team - very different kind of player to veretout .

We made a bid a couple of weeks ago and nothing has changed," said Bruce.

"That is where we are.

"I think we need to have a little bit more steel and determination and aggression, especially in the Championship. I have left that with the powers that be so that could be the next one hopefully."

Chief executive Keith Wyness insists Villa are still working on the deal, but that it will not happen yet.

"I think that might take a little while," said Wyness. "People are in different parts of the world just now so that one could take another couple of weeks."

Bruce speaks about Villa's pursuit of Glenn Whelan 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/steve-bruce-speaks-aston-villas-13282020#ICID=ios_BMNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

different types of midfield player......quite right.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, KSV said:

Even though he publicly asked to leave? not his manager.. Veretout said it himself....

Hopefully he'll enjoy the new regime and fancy trying again. His kids older so he may settle better. It will also be nice to play for a manager that wants him in a winning team. 

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

Hopefully he'll enjoy the new regime and fancy trying again. His kids older so he may settle better. It will also be nice to play for a manager that wants him in a winning team. 

Unlikely.. but you never know.. Bruce may fancy him in training and put an arm around him.. Veretout may feel happier under him.. time will tell. I think he will be sold eventually though

Yes, seems destined to go, and for a loss, which is annoying, but if he could be convinced to stay and Bruce did like him, he could offer a lot at this level you would hope. Our squad size is crazy. 

4 hours ago, Villastine said:

Dr. Ts' tweet woke me up at stupid o'clock just to tell me that JV had a good training session. FFS, Dr. T, I'm turning your notifications off :angry:

There is a button on all phones that prevents this type of thing, it's called the power button.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KSV said:

Unlikely.. but you never know.. Bruce may fancy him in training and put an arm around him.. Veretout may feel happier under him.. time will tell. I think he will be sold eventually though

Hopefully the Terry factor will help us keep and get those we want. He'd improve us but it may be too late now  

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

There is a button on all phones that prevents this type of thing, it's called the power button.

Modern phones also have a do not disturb mode which can be activated. I'm assuming that we're talking about a smart phone here.

• Like 1

Â