Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

At this level he could be the answer to what we're lacking in central midfield, i.e. a genuine playmaker. He just has to get fit, looked woefully unfit in his first and only season here, if he gets himself in shape he really ought to be a good player in this division. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

He's better than Gardner and Bacuna, if he gave his all on the pitch I really don't care if he would prefer to be in France. 

Though, I suspect he will end up in France. 

There are only a few teams there that could afford him and he is too shit to to play for any of them.

He wasn't particularly good for St Ettiene last season

He had a 7.02 average performance score over 46 games last season for Saint Etienne according to Whoscored.

7.11 in the 26 games he started as a CM.

I'd say that's pretty solid.

• Like 2

On 6/30/2017 at 23:41, sidcow said:

If he doesn't want to be here he could instead be plying his trade at probably 90% of the rest of the club's in the world. All he needs to do is agree to wages most normal people could only dream of, say £5k per week and he can be off at the drop of a hat. 

These people drive me to despair. It happens so often (more often than most with us than other clubs)  Player's earning utterly obscene wages moan they are unhappy with their lot but 99% of the time will not consider dropping from massively obscene wages to only mostly obscene wages to get what they want. They have no idea what it means to be stuck in an unfair situation in a job they hate. It's frankly insulting. They are more empowered than probably any class of employee in any businesses anywhere. 

If you don't want to be here Jordan take the pay cut and leave. 

He won't do that as like most footballers he is greedy. 

You'll have people saying that you wouldn't leave a job you hate for a lower paid one... well, if my current job made me miserable I would. There are a people on this forum who have done exactly that. All he needs to do is revise his wage demands and he'd be gone like you said. 

why are people still debating him? He has said repeatedly he has no intention of staying at Villa and doesn't want to play in the Championship, yes like many I want him to give Bruce and the club another chance, but the relegation season and his own shitty attitude whether that is justified or not mean that he isn't staying. Ayew clearly didn't want to stay and didn't exactly set the Championship a blaze neither has Amavi, we are better off closing the book on the Premiership players whose egos couldn't handle relegation.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 3

I would love him to stay. Coming to a new country is hard enough never mind having a new baby a manager that didn't want you you a team struggling. He could flourish next season in a winnng team then be confident going into hopefully a PL season. He's the sort we need to keep instead we will have Bacuna doing the same role just worse. 

Edited by dn1982
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He won't be staying and I wouldn't be surprised if he has travelled back on his own. Looked near suicidal walking into training.

Has anyone got a pic of this? Heard a few people mention it and can't seem to find it.

Hardly suicidal though, if he plays I'll support him, if he leaves I'll wish him well.

Not sure why the debate is so divisive on him in fairness, I actually feel a little sorry for him as he does possess talent. 

I think he could be decent at this level if he stayed. Certainly a better option than Gardner, Tshibola or Bacuna.

I don't think he'll stay though. He'll be off back to France if anyone will take him.

Â