Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

6 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Only Agbonlahor and Hutton are allowed a second (third and fourth) chance. Veretout is not allowed a second chance.

I agree in terms of Gabby. I don't remember Hutton needing a second chance as can't remember him being anything other than a model pro.

Veretout has done nothing wrong either as far as I can tell other than being honest about wanting out. That is fine as the club knows where it stands and can help to move him on. If that is no longer the case though and he is 100% committed then great.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I agree in terms of Gabby. I don't remember Hutton needing a second chance as can't remember him being anything other than a model pro.

Veretout has done nothing wrong either as far as I can tell other than being honest about wanting out. That is fine as the club knows where it stands and can help to move him on. If that is no longer the case though and he is 100% committed then great.

That was my point about Hutton, poor for four years and given a chance for a short period of decent form (mistakes overlooked for good passion).

I just hope if/when he is sold , we hold out for least £7m , the transfer market is crazy this year, if he was being sold by Stoke to Crystal Palace( and that's probably his level )he would go for £20m.

Gill I'd take what we can get just because I don't think think he is worth very much.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Infinte_Pest said:

I just hope if/when he is sold , we hold out for least £7m , the transfer market is crazy this year, if he was being sold by Stoke to Crystal Palace( and that's probably his level )he would go for £20m.

Gill I'd take what we can get just because I don't think think he is worth very much.

Depends if there's any prem interest (wasn't there talk of Bournemouth last year?) If we're just selling back to France as I suspect we'll do very well to get close to that amount unless PSG or Marseille want him.

18 hours ago, BOF said:

We can send Nantes Bacuna in a Veretout mask.  It might just be crazy enough to work.  They'd never expect it.

A like for the first thing to make me laugh today. 

If hes willing to play, then I'd definitely give him a go. With an actual defence behind him he could be really useful in a midfield 5. 

I doubt he'll be too happy dropping down a level though.

He just needs to knuckle down and get a pair of balls, the big baby. Contracts are a two way thing, we are still a bigger club than Nantes, even in the Championship. He still has three years left, he could still develop and get a much bigger move in time. Hell, he might even start enjoying himself if he stopped playing to type (French).

• Like 1

If he genuinely had an awful time here, which seems to be the case, then you could understand him not wanting to be here, in fact just stepping onto the training pitch could bring back some pretty bad memories and cause a lot of anxiety.

I wasn't a fan of him, I thought he was extremely weak on the ball and very unfit, unable to play more than 60 minutes at Premier League level. But he did have pretty good distribution and did create record a decent amount of assists given the amount of games he played. 

With better fitness, I actually think he could be one of the best players in his position in the Championship. For that to happen, Bruce will have to deploy him centrally in a playmaker role. In my opinion, a fit and motivated Veretout will be a much better player than someone like Hourihane, and better than most of the players out there we could sign for a stupidly inflated fee. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If he genuinely had an awful time here, which seems to be the case, then you could understand him not wanting to be here, in fact just stepping onto the training pitch could bring back some pretty bad memories and cause a lot of anxiety.

I wasn't a fan of him, I thought he was extremely weak on the ball and very unfit, unable to play more than 60 minutes at Premier League level. But he did have pretty good distribution and did create record a decent amount of assists given the amount of games he played. 

With better fitness, I actually think he could be one of the best players in his position in the Championship. For that to happen, Bruce will have to deploy him centrally in a playmaker role. In my opinion, a fit and motivated Veretout will be a much better player than someone like Hourihane, and better than most of the players out there we could sign for a stupidly inflated fee. 

A like for not saying he was shit and a disgraceful footballer.

• Like 1

I think if he had stayed last season we would have made the playoffs

He would have fit in well when Jedinak got injured and could play that role easily we would have got more points 100%

Rather we keep him than sign Whelan

• Like 2

Head and shoulders above Lansbury in tonight's game (not that it means all that much).

Still worried about his fitness, he always seemed knackered after 60 mins in a competitive match. 

Good to see him playing though, who knows, he might be useful this season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

I think if he had stayed last season we would have made the playoffs

He would have fit in well when Jedinak got injured and could play that role easily we would have got more points 100%

Rather we keep him than sign Whelan

After seeing him in zero championship games you think he could have been the difference between 13th and playoff places!! Serious??

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

After seeing him in zero championship games you think he could have been the difference between 13th and playoff places!! Serious??

He's better than Gardner, Bacuna and Tshibola who were all thrown in at some point during the season to fill Jedinak's boots when he got injured.

Look at the stats on how many games we won when Jedinak was injured and how many points we picked up when the above played in his position.

We were not far off the play offs and threw a lot of points away from winning positions, Ipswich, Nottingham Forest, Preston e.t.c.

He can also play in Hourihane or Lansbury's position as well try reading this article.

https://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2017/7/5/15923714/the-case-for-jordan-veretout-at-aston-villa

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

He's better than Gardner, Bacuna and Tshibola who were all thrown in at some point during the season to fill Jedinak's boots when he got injured.

Look at the stats on how many games we won when Jedinak was injured and how many points we picked up when the above played in his position.

We were not far off the play offs and threw a lot of points away from winning positions, Ipswich, Nottingham Forest, Preston e.t.c.

He can also play in Hourihane or Lansbury's position as well try reading this article.

https://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2017/7/5/15923714/the-case-for-jordan-veretout-at-aston-villa

Good article but I disagree that the top 10 teams in France are better than than the top teams of the championship. Psg and Monaco are head and shoulders above. The rest are very average to poor. I would say overall the Championship is a much stronger league.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Good article but I disagree that the top 10 teams in France are better than than the top teams of the championship. Psg and Monaco are head and shoulders above. The rest are very average to poor. I would say overall the Championship is a much stronger league.

Disagree 100%

I'd say it's not even close, not by a mile.

• Like 3

Â