Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Problem is we need a few departures and he is one of the few that might get a taker with a fee.

The squad is far too big and needs trimming . 

Suggests he's one of the ones worth keeping then! ;) I know what you mean though, I just hope he gets a few weeks with the squad before we just cut our losses.

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Problem is we need a few departures and he is one of the few that might get a taker with a fee.

The squad is far too big and needs trimming . 

We can send Nantes Bacuna in a Veretout mask.  It might just be crazy enough to work.  They'd never expect it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

If the squad needs trimming surely we should be getting rid of the likes of Gardner and bacuna first I'd rather keep veretout than those pair

Problem is who is going to want them two? Veretout has serious interest in him 

9 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

It's just symptomatic.of what's wrong with the club recently we have a load of crap players we can't shift and sell our half decent ones. Elmohammedy will be the next one

Moan Moan Moan.  We just signed John Terry dude. Cant you be happy with that?  

23 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

If the squad needs trimming surely we should be getting rid of the likes of Gardner and bacuna first I'd rather keep veretout than those pair

What part of Veretout does not want to play for us do you not get?

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What part of Veretout does not want to play for us do you not get?

Things can change quickly on that front though.  In my current job I can go from wanting desperately to leave to actually enjoying going to work almost overnight if there's a change in the environment, as we have quite a high turnover in staff and even management sometimes.  I suspect Bruce is a far better man manager than Sherwood and Veretout's family situation may be more settled this time round.  I'm sure the next couple of weeks will settle the issue either way.

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Things can change quickly on that front though.  In my current job I can go from wanting desperately to leave to actually enjoying going to work almost overnight if there's a change in the environment, as we have quite a high turnover in staff and even management sometimes.  I suspect Bruce is a far better man manager than Sherwood and Veretout's family situation may be more settled this time round.  I'm sure the next couple of weeks will settle the issue either way.

Things can change but the post was in response to why are we getting rid of Veretout instead of Gabby and Bacuna. For the simple reason he wants to leave. 

The only way I can see him staying is if the right offer doesn't come in. 

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Things can change but the post was in response to why are we getting rid of Veretout instead of Gabby and Bacuna. For the simple reason he wants to leave. 

The only way I can see him staying is if the right offer doesn't come in. 

First of all where did i mention Gabby in my post?

Secondly I'm pointing towards a scenario where Veretout could be convinced to stay, believe it or not people do change their minds.

Has Veretout indicated that he is 100% going?

Has he failed to turn up to preseason training and gone on strike?

He's been handled piss poorly up to this point, he now looks like he's enjoying himself and smiling in the preseason training if were to move forward as a club we need to keep hold of our better players make them feel welcome and convince them to stay because lets face it compared to Bacuna and Gardner he is superior in every way.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Secondly I'm pointing towards a scenario where Veretout could be convinced to stay, believe it or not people do change their minds.

He's been handled piss poorly up to this point, he now looks like he's enjoying himself and smiling in the preseason training if were to move forward as a club we need to keep hold of our better players make them feel welcome and convince them to stay because lets face it compared to Bacuna and Gardner he is superior in every way.

Compared to bacuna and Gardner isn't everyone superior ;)

16 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Sorry I meant Gardner. I agree Veretout is a much better player but your post sounded like the club would rather sell him and keep the other two when we have no idea if this is even the case. 

Appoligies if that is not what you meant. 

We have no idea if the club is trying to do everything to convince him to stay or not. 

I have no doubt that the club want him to stay. 

Judging by Dr Tony's tweet the other day,  he wants to keep Veretout BUT every player has his price.

Veretout is at a different Aston Villa now opposed to the one he was at before.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I have no doubt that the club want him to stay. 

Judging by Dr Tony's tweet the other day,  he wants to keep Veretout BUT every player has his price.

Steve Bruce will decide whether he wants veretout to stay - just because tony tweeted that doesn't mean the club want him to stay - no doubt Bruce and veretout will talk and decide where to go from there - veretout may well still want out - he's done what he's paid to do and reported for training - tony and Bruce may be open minded on veretout but that doesn't mean they want him to stay . 

3 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Spot on. For me the ball is in Veretouts court here. If he can't see that the club is now straining at the leash and doing all it can to get back in the top flight and then kick on from there then he isn't paying attention and isn't interested.

One of the crucial things we need next season is players 100% committed and all pulling in the same direction. For too long we have had fractured squads containing players with half hearted attitudes.  If Veretout wants to be here and will give his all then great. If not then he should go. Same goes for any player.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Spot on. For me the ball is in Veretouts court here. If he can't see that the club is now straining at the lease and doing all it can to get back in the top flight and then kick on from there then he isn't paying attention and isn't interested.

One of the crucial things we need next season is players 100% committed and all pulling in the same direction. For too long we have had fractured squads containing players with half hearted attitudes.  If Veretout wants to be here and will give his all then great. If not then he should go. Same goes for any player.

Only Agbonlahor and Hutton are allowed a second (third and fourth) chance. Veretout is not allowed a second chance.

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Spot on. For me the ball is in Veretouts court here. If he can't see that the club is now straining at the lease and doing all it can to get back in the top flight and then kick on from there then he isn't paying attention and isn't interested.

If he indicates he's happy to knuckle down and stay at villa then fair enough - I've seen nothing to suggest he's had a change of heart but he is doing what he's paid for and reporting for training .

As you say we need committed players - it's down to him .

• Like 1

Â