Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

40 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am not sure what we’d be keeping him for though mate. I would be amazed if he wants to be here and his heart would be in playing in the Championship. We need players 100% committed and I don’t think he would be anything like that.

We could loan him out again but that brings no funds in and it also takes another year out of his contract and runs the risk that next season he doesn’t do so well and his stock falls.

Maybe you are right and we will get 8-10 mill for him but I just don’t see it and taking into account that he almost certainly doesn’t want to be here, and our need to balance the books and for money to bring players in then I think we would take 4-6 mil for him. It will depend how many clubs come in for him as well I guess as to how much we can push the fee up to.

I agree with regards to the 100% committed part. I would like to think though if no acceptable offer comes in he will try his hardest. I think Bruce is a good man manager as well which would help. I mean 4m for me would be another loss and again we need to stop getting in this habit of selling players on a massive loss especially now we are a championship club. 

If I am not mistaken he signed a 5 year deal so thankfully still has value and is young. He played in the Europa as well therefore I do not think he would have lost much value. 

Yeah best scenario would be  a bidding war like hopefully what will occur with amavi, as I can see alot of clubs coming in for him. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villan_007 said:

100% Dave. I think it was this season or maybe last but SKY got her to come back to the villa and do an interview on how the process went and some of the troubles players face moving to new countries. I wonder what we have in place now for new players.

My wife met Kojak in the hair messers just after he joined, the bloke doing her hair thought he looked like a footballer and googled him! Anyway he chatted a bit and seemed very happy with the club. He said they'd sorted him out a flat and a bank account. I think he was really buzzing and delighted to be here.

So maybe the club still has something in place. It's probably fine for most players, but I don't know what is in place for younger blokes and those who find the move a challenge. 

On 5/19/2017 at 13:34, DaveAV1 said:

My wife met Kojak in the hair messers just after he joined, the bloke doing her hair thought he looked like a footballer and googled him! Anyway he chatted a bit and seemed very happy with the club. He said they'd sorted him out a flat and a bank account. I think he was really buzzing and delighted to be here.

So maybe the club still has something in place. It's probably fine for most players, but I don't know what is in place for younger blokes and those who find the move a challenge. 

Assuming you mean Kozak, and not some other player whose nickname I just don't know, he joined before the Player Liaison Officer was made redundant. 

54 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Assuming you mean Kozak, and not some other player whose nickname I just don't know, he joined before the Player Liaison Officer was made redundant. 

Yes Kozak, I thought everyone called him Kojak :). I didn't realise the Liaison Officer was still there at the time. Things could have changed since then I suppose. 

As things stand I'd actually be happy to have him back, at this level he should be at least a decent player. My hunch is that he'd be better than Hourihane. Only red flag is that his conditioning looked awful for us, so hopefully that has improved.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

As things stand I'd actually be happy to have him back, at this level he should be at least a decent player. My hunch is that he'd be better than Hourihane. Only red flag is that his conditioning looked awful for us, so hopefully that has improved.

I liked Veretout, i thought there was a good player in there somewhere, but i agree about the fitness. He always looked like he was blowing out of his arse. 

29 minutes ago, av1 said:

I liked Veretout, i thought there was a good player in there somewhere, but i agree about the fitness. He always looked like he was blowing out of his arse. 

I think it might be more than just fitness, he just isn't a very mobile or athletic player I suspect. Very sluggish, but not without quality.

Would hope we can get the 7m back but I expect the club to back down and give him another loan deal.

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

Take the £7m and put it into the transfer kitty - veretout doesn't seem to want to be here next season so let's cash in and move onwards with players who want to be here.

the problem is nobody will be bidding 7 million for him 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the problem is nobody will be bidding 7 million for him 

If someone wanted 5 million for Westwood, I think we can get close to 7 mil for Veretout.  That is change down back of a sofa for a Premier League side. Bournemouth got £117 milion this year alone I think.  Insane amounts of cash. 

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

If someone wanted 5 million for Westwood, I think we can get close to 7 mil for Veretout.  That is change down back of a sofa for a Premier League side. Bournemouth got £117 milion this year alone I think.  Insane amounts of cash. 

Westwood is much better player at BPL level than Veretout has ever shown, far more dependable and useful. 

We will only get 7mn if some BPL offers, considering how Gueye turned from shit to Everton POTY, then I think someone would have a stab at Veretout as well  

Edited by Alakagom

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

6 hours ago, av1 said:

I agree. 

But I'd say that about other players too. 

By all accounts the pre season under Sherwood was an absolute joke, with the fitness coach especially suspicious. 

So I wouldn't necessarily blame Veretout entirely for a lack of fitness. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree. 

But I'd say that about other players too. 

By all accounts the pre season under Sherwood was an absolute joke, with the fitness coach especially suspicious. 

So I wouldn't necessarily blame Veretout entirely for a lack of fitness. 

That would certainly explain things. I wonder if any VT posters watch enough of the french league to comment on his fitness this year?

I am a big fan, but sadly i don't think he will be here next season. 

56 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Westwood is much better player at BPL level than Veretout has ever shown, far more dependable and useful. 

We will only get 7mn if some BPL offers, considering how Gueye turned from shit to Everton POTY, then I think someone would have a stab at Veretout as well  

That is because he was at us for much longer, and Vertout only season at B6 was a total car crash from beginning to end. I believe he has much more ability than Ash, he got steadily worse as the season progressed to the utter clusterfudge of 3 wins and relegation.

• 1 month later...

I don't have any grudges towards Veretout, but I wish players would refrain from spouting to the media that they don't want to play for our club. That is disrespectful and unneccesary and I don't understand why they can't just shut up until they get their transfer. He has a contract with us, and until otherwise he should suck it up.

I really hope Tony gets us back to where we belong and show these half-decent-players that it is Aston Villa who is way too good for them and not the other way around. Would love it to meet some of their teams in a European cup and fu**ing smash them. Ok, maybe I hold a grudge anyway!

"I belong to Aston Villa. I have a contract with them. I can not do anything. I am obliged to go back there for the preparation,” Veretout said. "My wish is not to stay there, everybody knows.”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, obanken said:

I don't have any grudges towards Veretout, but I wish players would refrain from spouting to the media that they don't want to play for our club. That is disrespectful and unneccesary and I don't understand why they can't just shut up until they get their transfer. He has a contract with us, and until otherwise he should suck it up.

I really hope Tony gets us back to where we belong and show these half-decent-players that it is Aston Villa who is way too good for them and not the other way around. Would love it to meet some of their teams in a European cup and fu**ing smash them. Ok, maybe I hold a grudge anyway!

"I belong to Aston Villa. I have a contract with them. I can not do anything. I am obliged to go back there for the preparation,” Veretout said. "My wish is not to stay there, everybody knows.”

Sickens me that these players come in, do a half arsed job and then want to leave.

Do they not know who we are? We might not be an elite club anymore, we're not even a Premier League club anymore but we're Aston Villa and we deserve more than the effort than these mercenaries give us. 

Â