Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

5 hours ago, TRO said:

so why did he let the opposition get around the back of him with ease.....on many occasions. I think he is a liability in defence.

stands off too much, no physical challenge in one on one.

just my opinion.

Your opinion but possibly too quick a reaction too.

I didn't mention his defensive abilities, he was exciting to watch (in an attacking sense) and stood out amongst a pathetic team - to reiterate, I was commenting on our time in the PL and before Amavi's injury. I believe his defensive capabilities could/can also be worked on and improved with a little help...also, maybe he can be better this season with the much vaunted preseason...

Now, looking back, we were a complete mess and I would say our influx of French imports (including the manager, Remi Garde - or was that Remy?) were all shafted, undervalued and brought into a really shitty situation and one hell of a messed up club. Amongst other things, the timing of such signings was just completely wrong, they would have shone in a much better team or squad imo. 

There was simply no cohesion throughout the club and I hope, and believe, that that has been remedied now. They could have done & should do better under the new regime.

Remi Garde was quite possibly treated the worst of all AVFC managers, we never got to see what he was made of as his hands were tied and control was simply taken away from him.

Idrissa Gueye was the lucky one, for the sake of his own career, because he managed to escape and has only excelled.

We could yet make use of Amavi & Veretout (though I expect them to leave and quite possibly flourish elsewhere, and we will be left with some regret in that case) and they could yet form part of a genuinely decent team going forward (if they're treated right too) - a team that desperately needed refreshing and reinvigorating.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 4

Not so sure personally, i thought he was atrocious last season and he clearly wants out too as do the other French contingent and we cannot afford to have the dressing room upset by neg-heads. It does remind me a lot of back in the day when we were frequenting European competition and would come up against a French team on the odd occasion. it was openly mentioned prior to those games that the French players were very strong technically but if we could hold out or get a goal their mentality often led to them losing their way. It so reminds me of what has happened with our French players, the going got tough and they disappeared!

• Like 1

First season coming back from an injury like his was always going to be difficult in hindsight. I don't expect him to be here as I suspect he will have other more attractive suitors and probably a desire to play at a higher level, but it wouldn't be a disaster for the club if he got another season in claret and blue to prove himself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Not so sure personally, i thought he was atrocious last season and he clearly wants out too as do the other French contingent and we cannot afford to have the dressing room upset by neg-heads. It does remind me a lot of back in the day when we were frequenting European competition and would come up against a French team on the odd occasion. it was openly mentioned prior to those games that the French players were very strong technically but if we could hold out or get a goal their mentality often led to them losing their way. It so reminds me of what has happened with our French players, the going got tough and they disappeared!

That's spot on.  

Apart from:

-The French lads plus Ayew (Ghanaian- but Fracophone) all being our better players in that dog turd of a season

-And the same quartet all showing more heart and professionalism than our experienced ex Inger lund internationals (who really should have been leading the way)

You've got them bang to rights. 

Edited by HolteExile
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, rubberman said:

Glad he's staying for now. I like him.

I like the idea of Amavi, just hate how he fell victim to the curse of once signing for us, all the potential and positivity around him as a good player evaporated. 

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

12 hours ago, Spoony said:

If he is staying, support him. Time to stop constantly attacking our players. Throw your weight behind him to help him get over this and get back to the class he was when he first joined. 

But maybe not throw your weight too much at his dodgy left knee, eh?

Lol. Sevilla have made a new offer to take him on loan and we told them to piss off. Piss take surely?

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/07/11/angry-aston-villa-reject-fresh-sevilla-proposal-for-jordan-amavi/342827/

Angry Aston Villa Reject Fresh Sevilla Proposal For Jordan Amavi

Aston Villa have rejected an offer from Sevilla to take Jordan Amavi on loan, according to Sky Sports News HQ

Sevilla recently agreed a fee to sign the left-back from Aston Villa, but the deal collapsed after the Spanish club said he had failed a medical.

Aston Villa were left angry by the development and chairman Dr Tony Xia insisted that Sevilla were simply trying to find a way out of the deal.

Now Sevilla have returned for Amavi, but only to sign him on loan.

Aston_Villa_Jordan_Amavi_620.jpg

The English Championship side have wasted no time in rejecting the proposal though and believe the fact Sevilla made it proves Amavi is fit.

Villa have been left angry by the transfer saga and Sevilla's chances of taking Amavi on loan look dead in the water.

Amavi has been linked with a number of clubs this summer and it remains to be seen if the defender does eventually move on before the window slams shut.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â