Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Maybe that injury has destroyed him as a player, but generally he has looked poor for us. 

I hope he has a decent career but he looked out of his depth in the Championship. 

Good luck Jordan

Hope we added a next move % clause in the transfer because I still think there is a chance he might develop into a fine player.

Sadly didn't work out here thou.

Sevilla is a good move for him, and us.

10 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

£6.8m according to transfermarkt.

Says it all about what we've been like in the market when you look at that page.  Signed him for £9.35m when his market value was £3.4m (although that was understandable at the time - you pay for potential, and I still think he'll go on to largely fulfil that), then we sell him for £6.8m when his MV is £8.5m.

I'd take those figures with a pinch of salt, especially the value calculations. However I find it impossible to see how his value could have increased at all. He was injured for most of his first season in the top flight and was poor in his second season in the 2nd tier. He hasn't done anything to push on and if anything looks worse than when he first signed.

• Like 1

Can remember his debut vs Swindon in pre season, during the warm up he was looking up at us starry eyed and there was only a few hundred of us

theres a good player in there but he's another who with everything going on at the club happily sunk to a level where he wasn't good enough

• Like 3

Blessing in disguise. We were probably going to sell him for a cut price fee. Gives us options at left back and left midfield. If he kicks on this season then other clubs may be willing to pay a lot more for him, providing they look past this medical issue. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Blessing in disguise. We were probably going to sell him for a cut price fee. Gives us options at left back and left midfield. If he kicks on this season then other clubs may be willing to pay a lot more for him, providing they look past this medical issue. 

I imagine we already had the £7m or so earmarked for other areas along with a left back.

Very disappointing but not surprising considering they were trying to lowball us from the very start. Tony won't stand for this shit.

• Like 1

Â