Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

17 minutes ago, Mammoth10 said:

Which isn't as much of an issue if played further forward, with a solid LB behind.

Hes not a left forward, not yet anyway.

His best chance will come if we do play 3 at the back,  he is a born wing back!

Funny enough the time it was suggested we could play this system was the time he was seriously talking to other clubs...always thought that was a bit of a shame!

• Like 3

Despite my reservations about 3-5-2/5-3-2, if we're stuck with it then Amavi could really excel at LWB if given a run of games and if he can recapture some form. Better going forward than Taylor but not as good defensively.

If he can overcome the effects of his injury then I believe he will develop into a really good player.  I think he'll still be leaving though, am expecting other offers to come in from different clubs too.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Hope he stays now.

Imagine if for once, a setback becomes a blessing in disguise for us, and this is the season he really fulfills he potential with a better and more settled team?

It may be a "blow" to transfer money. However by the same token our board are not stupid, they won't have counted money before they've received it!

• Like 3

Na he's off I think :P

One of the few decent looking players in our last PL season, was quite exciting to watch at times. A shame he was surrounded by shit. Wish we could shift much lesser players...

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Na he's off I think :P

One of the few decent looking players in our last PL season, was quite exciting to watch at times. A shame he was surrounded by shit. Wish we could shift much lesser players...

so why did he let the opposition get around the back of him with ease.....on many occasions. I think he is a liability in defence.

stands off too much, no physical challenge in one on one.

just my opinion.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

A defender that relied on his pace to get him out of situations then suffered an injury that cost him that initial burst of pace. Same way that Michael Owen was never the same player after his hamstring issues, indeed how Gabby lost his pace when he bulked up. 

I think his not leaving could be a blessing as he will certainly have a point to prove now. 

• Like 2

If we do decide to play a back 4 imagined JT handing out a bollocking to him when he's out of position.  He could learn a lot this season given the opportunity. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

A defender that relied on his pace to get him out of situations then suffered an injury that cost him that initial burst of pace. Same way that Michael Owen was never the same player after his hamstring issues, indeed how Gabby lost his pace when he bulked up. 

I think his not leaving could be a blessing as he will certainly have a point to prove now. 

I accept all of that and have compassion for the fella...

....but its a ruthless business( and those are the rules our opponents play by).......and if you want to get out of this division players need to give no quarter and at the same time impose themselves rigorously in their pursuit of a win.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I really like him and I hope he can recapture at least some of the form he had when he arrived at first.

He was pretty awful then as well IMO, apart from the odd flash of looking alright.

Â