Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I liked amavi. If we could turn back the clock and have amavi of that age in this existing team i think he would have been brilliant.

Its one of those, good player wrong period at the club

Same with veretout

I liked him as well, fond memories of him making his debut pre season Swindon away and him warming up whilst looking up at the villa fans with a huge grin on his face, he genuinely looked in awe and full of excitement to be here 

22 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I liked amavi. If we could turn back the clock and have amavi of that age in this existing team i think he would have been brilliant.

Same with veretout

Kinda funny with that period of recruitment. We were amongst the worst we’ve ever been but Amavi is class, Gueye plays for PSG, Vertout is class, personally don’t rate Adama but for whatever reason media and opposition drool over him, Ayew is still regularly playing in the PL…

maybe recruitment was actually onto something 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Kinda funny with that period of recruitment. We were amongst the worst we’ve ever been but Amavi is class, Gueye plays for PSG, Vertout is class, personally don’t rate Adama but for whatever reason media and opposition drool over him, Ayew is still regularly playing in the PL…

maybe recruitment was actually onto something 

Think the biggest issue we had was we signed too many inexperienced players and the ones that were experiened and leaders, were not good enough so made it difficult for these guys.

It also didnt help that we had sherwood as manager followed by garde. It was just a walking disaster.

I think had we gone in and just signed vererout, amavi and gueye with some signed experienced premier league players we would have been fine.

Traore, and ayew i dont think we should have signed at the time.

On 06/01/2022 at 07:34, Demitri_C said:

Same with veretout

Same.

His injury felt like a huge turning point for me. Felt like we were cursed.

Â