Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

46 minutes ago, BOF said:

Assume for a moment that the other side (i.e. the conspiracy side) are correct.  All on purpose.  Pre-meditated.  Sevilla end up getting the use of the player for no transfer fee (which is their real MO) and maybe even on reduced wages given the dodgy(sic) knee.  The net gain for them this season is huge.  Then next season the player has one year less on his Villa contract, the fee is further reduced.  He still has that dodgy(sic) knee, and rinse and repeat.

Sevilla are miserable bastards.

It's a very risky approach if you ask me. Both player and selling club now pissed off with them and probably way more likely to let the player go somewhere else.

I can see the logic and how it's possible, but I think it's unlikely.

My OP was really just contesting those who couldn't see why Sevilla were doing it and thought it outrageous.

Honestly it makes perfect sense to me. If they genuinely weren't happy with the medical, which is the real question, then I'm not surprised one bit that they asked for a loan instead. I'd be happy if Villa did the same.

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's a very risky approach if you ask me. Both player and selling club now pissed off with them and probably way more likely to let the player go somewhere else.

My OP was really just contesting those who couldn't see why Sevilla were doing it and thought it outrageous.

Honestly it makes perfect sense to me. If they genuinely weren't happy with the medical, which is the real question, then I'm not surprised one bit that they asked for a loan instead. I'd be happy if Villa did the same.

Assuming that their position is as you describe.....you are spot on.

Assume being the operative word?;)

25 minutes ago, TRO said:

Assuming that their position is as you describe.....you are spot on.

Assume being the operative word?;)

Well yes, exactly. If their position is otherwise then we're still assuming.

58 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree with this but I don't they should be announcing the reason the deal feel through. It's not fair on the player. 

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree with this but I don't they should be announcing the reason the deal feel through. It's not fair on the player. 

It's entirely normal though isn't it? Deals fall through because of failed medicals all the time

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

It's it normally undisclosed?

I don't really know. But you hear of transfers falling through because the player has failed his medical pretty regularly so I don't think it's unusual for the reason to be disclosed, even if it's not always done

For me, I don't rate the player of late( post injury) very highly.....but it has now scuppered our ability to recruit and subsequently to prepare our team for this forth coming season.

so yes, for that reason,I am disappointed.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

For me, I don't rate the player of late( post injury) very highly.....but it has now scuppered our ability to recruit and subsequently to prepare our team for this forth coming season.

so yes, for that reason,I am disappointed.

I am not if the money was going to be used on elmo and whelan 

• Like 2

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Just now, Demitri_C said:

ha ha:)

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

I wish we were more ruthless (perhaps like Sevilla) than we have been when dealing with transfers in the past.  How much last season, again?

I think the Dr is proving himself to be pretty ruthless by telling Sevilla now to f*ck off. Can't imagine the previous incumbent doing that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Godders said:

I think the Dr is proving himself to be pretty ruthless by telling Sevilla now to f*ck off. Can't imagine the previous incumbent doing that. 

We've hardly been ruthless the other way.  £13m for McCormack, £12m for Hogan, £12m for Kodjia... etc. etc.

On 7/11/2017 at 12:53, Demitri_C said:

Sevilla can get lost the rocket polishers

Knew it was lies, never do business with these clowns again 

They sold us Luna, enough to never do business with them again ;)

• Like 2

Â