Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Jordan Amavi’s collapsed move from Aston Villa to Sevilla is a bitter blow for all parties concerned.

An £8million deal had been agreed but reports in Spain claim the full-back has failed a medical and the move is now off.

So what does that mean for Villa?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/explained-jordan-amavis-collapsed-move-13309466.amp

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Was it really true we turned down a £25m bid for this lad only 7/8 months ago!..

or was that just aload of bollocks?

I think its bollocks mate just to show we didnt need money and the Dr showing that times are changed and not walk overs we were under Lerner 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think its bollocks mate just to show we didnt need money and the Dr showing that times are changed and not walk overs we were under Lerner 

Good.

Cause if we had then the person who may have rejected it would be needing hung.

Nonetheless shame for the move falling through, but unless his wages are astronomical and we definitely need him gone, why not keep him as back up.

He can still do a good job at this level?.

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Good.

Cause if we had then the person who may have rejected it would be needing hung.

Nonetheless shame for the move falling through, but unless his wages are astronomical and we definitely need him gone, why not keep him as back up.

He can still do a good job at this level?.

I think we need the cash to use on other deals - we really need to offload some players now .

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Was it really true we turned down a £25m bid for this lad only 7/8 months ago!..

or was that just aload of bollocks?

If that was true then I've always said it must have been a Chinese club, and I imagine our "rejection" was a mutual decision between club and player. i.e. Amavi said straight up that he wasn't interested in moving there so we "rejected" the bid.

I net if that £25m had come from someone like Liverpool then we'd have laughed all the way to the bank.

Dammit, when will we learn!? You've got to put 'sold as seen' when selling things.

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But on the other hand Dem, a few pages ago you thought that Amavi failing his medical was bollocks because it was reported on Twitter :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Dammit, when will we learn!? You've got to put 'sold as seen' when selling things.

But on the other hand Dem, a few pages ago you thought that Amavi failing his medical was bollocks because it was reported on Twitter :)

Well 9/10 it is though  and to bw honwat this person who reported may have heard it from Spanish media likw the Brum mail did eventually 

From the article in El Correo de Andalucia: 

"Sevilla FC medical services have ruled out the signing of the left-hand side of the Aston Villa Jordan Amavi"
"have detected problems in one of his knees, a disease that dragged of a previous injury."

11 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

From the article in El Correo de Andalucia: 

"Sevilla FC medical services have ruled out the signing of the left-hand side of the Aston Villa Jordan Amavi"

"have detected problems in one of his knees, a disease that dragged of a previous injury."

A disease? What kind of silly wording is that? 

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's just a bad interweb translation job.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

It's the word 'dolencia'. In context it could be ailment, illness or disease. My Spanish its not so good.

• I smell a rat here.
  • However, I am disappointed in the transfer collapse.
  • Before his injury he looked like a player with good potential
  • After the injury, i was worried with the ease an opponent got around the back of him....he looked a major weakness to me.....sad really.

28 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

As the song goes, 'Ain't nobody, like Amavi, not ti gwt 6m, and not sigb elmo, ain't nobody, like Amavi...'

To bw honwat, I've no idea what you're on about ;)

• Like 3

Â