Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

5 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

It's off completely according to this guy, who's been reporting it accurately throughout the process. 

I wonder what effect this'll have on our other transfer activity?

Yes , the evening mail has also confirmed it's off - Seville are looking elsewhere - we'd be lucky to get £3m should anyone take the risk on him now.

Where do we send our players when they get injured....seriously?

1. I don't know of any other club that gets serious injuries at the rate we do.

2. I don't know of any other club that when players come back they look completely shot to bits.

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

I just hope now that Amavi knuckles down. If he's stuck here which seems to be the case then he has no choice but to put a shift in. 

Could have quite an effect on him - a five year deal at one of the better clubs in Spain snatched away and having to come back to the championship - at least he's cover for Taylor I suppose 

• Like 2

Failing a medical doesn't necessarily mean he won't move somewhere else.

Whatever it is that the medical has shown up will now be "known" and he'll be on the market, if anyone is interested, with that in the open.

It'll mean we'll likely get less money for him, but a player failing a medical isn't a blanket no for any clubs to buy him.

I think people often misinterpret what a medical is for. I wouldn't be surprised to still se Amavi leave this window if the appetite is there.

I am secretly (ok, not secretly) delighted if this has fallen through. It could be a massive blessing. I think he has a hell of a lot to offer, especially if more of a right winger than a defender. An area we are currently lacking in. I think his injury has taken a bigger toll on him than maybe some realised but I have faith, given time, he could be a massive player for us. Someone not wanting to risk a large portion of their budget on a new player is not the same as them being crocked.

Besides, it's not unknown for those with knee 'issues' to have excelled at our club...!

• Like 3

Bad news. Think we were relying on getting money in for him. Was poor when he arrived and was even worse after his injury. Hope we are not stuck with another dud footballer :(

Edited by KHV

28 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Where do we send our players when they get injured....seriously?

1. I don't know of any other club that gets serious injuries at the rate we do.

2. I don't know of any other club that when players come back they look completely shot to bits.

PA-7105265.jpg

• Like 1

Call me cynical, but I reckon Sevilla will try and haggle the price down now!

Not sure how much this screws up other transfer plans, but perhaps he's still to find his feet after such a lengthy injury, and could even provide decent cover, especially if we end up playing three centre backs as some have speculated

13 minutes ago, KHV said:

Bad news. Think we were relying on getting money in for him. Was poor when he arrived and was even worse after his injury. Hope we are not stuck with another dud footballer :(

He was actually quite promising when we first received him (a wicked cross on him), hence why there's a portion of fans that are disappointed to see him go.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Terrible to see this thread back from "Other Football". Hopefully we can get rid of him by re-working the terms of the deal.

Re working by taking less money? No thanks I would rather keep him here than under cut it any further 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GodsBarkeep said:

Call me cynical, but I reckon Sevilla will try and haggle the price down now!

That's not being cynical, that's being completely logical.

If the medical has uncovered a previously unknown (to Sevilla) issue then of course they'd haggle the price down, if they still want him at all.

6 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

According to the secret footballer a 'Failed medical' is an excuse used for all sorts of issues. Could be that they can't agree terms...

That would be a pretty irresponsible thing for them to do, given the financial consequences going forward for both the player and his current team.

Didin't Aly Cissokho fail a medical  at Milan apparently because they didn't like his teeth? Nothing actually wrong with him but they said his goofy teeth may lead to a future health problem.

Aly always said it was just crap, he passed the medical with no issues but Milan wanted to renegotiate payment for him and when they couldn't agree terms they pulled out and said he failed the medical

Â