Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ita not really the point though is it. They have come up with downright lies which know effects our club as now clubs will think he has injury problems meaning less money.

Its absolutely disgraceful behaviour from them

Are they lying?

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why would you come back in for him on loan if you have concerns about his injury/medical ? Trying to hussle us

Because you don't want to risk 8M on a player that could have a season (or worse) threatening knee problem but would be willing to risk a loan knowing the parent club would have to take the player back should the issue resurface. 

They must have found something to announce that he failed a medical.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because you don't want to risk 8M on a player that could have a season (or worse) threatening knee problem but would be willing to risk a loan knowing the parent club would have to take the player back should the issue resurface. 

While all of that is true, it still leaves Sevilla going into next season with a leftback that they don't trust physically.  Which would be slightly negligent on their behalf, and calls into question their motives.

• Like 1

Just now, BOF said:

While all of that is true, it still leaves Sevilla going into next season with a leftback that they don't trust physically.  Which would be slightly negligent on their behalf, and calls into question their motives.

Agree the way Sevilla have gone about business is pretty disgraceful.  I just think they must have discovered something.   

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Maybe in a world where we're looking to get wages off the books to comply with FFP, and we're worried we won't be able to sell him now that he's failed a medical.

I don't know if that's the case, but it's feasible.

I don't think Dr X has come across as an owner who will buckle at the first sight of an offer that's below what we reasonably expect to get. Amavi could be loaned out and save us another season of wages, but it's much more likely that we'll sell him for a fee, as that's going to be much better for us financially - plus the fact that he's obviously been chosen by Bruce as a player that we can do without.

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes, but you pays your money and you takes your chances.

Nobody is begging Sevilla to take him off our hands, he is still a valuable asset to us. If they don't want to risk £8m on him then don't, their choice. Just don't come back with derisory offers.

...and I wonder where news of this loan big leaked from?  Try and unsettle him a bit more why don't ya!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes, but you pays your money and you takes your chances.

Nobody is begging Sevilla to take him off our hands, he is still a valuable asset to us. If they don't want to risk £8m on him then don't, their choice. Just don't come back with derisory offers.

...and I wonder where news of this loan big leaked from?  Try and unsettle him a bit more why don't ya!

Not sure they need to unsettle him as he was already on the transfer list at his own request .

I think the club should leave this until the last day of the Window.  If no bids come in for him and he still wants to join Seville after all this nonsense then let him leave for a year (if they still want him that is).  Not point keeping a player for another season if he badly wants to be somewhere else.

On the other hand if nobody comes in for him and he is prepared to stay rather than join Seville that could work out well for both the player and the club.

So much for wyness saying we expected at least 10 outgoings to raise some cash this summer - most of our players are not exactly wanted elsewhere.

“There is a lot of tidying up and we have got to cut back. I would think there could be up to ten players going out this summer, which is probably right,” he said.

“Steve has three or four targets that he wants and I can do that from the disposals of the players. We already have plans and are in discussions.

“There are a number of players on loan who we know the clubs want that we can sell and at the same time adhere to financial fair play rules, which are there, and very clear for us.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/18/aston-villa-plan-10-man-summer-clear-out-raise-25m-steve-bruce/

Edited by Eastie

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Why would you come back in for him on loan if you have concerns about his injury/medical ? Trying to hussle us

Because a loan is low risk and short term. If he breaks down with an injury resulting from whatever it was they found then a loan means they can send him back and they've wasted minimal money on him.

If they spent £8m on him and the same happened then they've wasted loads of transfer fee, and they're stuck with his wages on their books.

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I don't think Dr X has come across as an owner who will buckle at the first sight of an offer that's below what we reasonably expect to get. Amavi could be loaned out and save us another season of wages, but it's much more likely that we'll sell him for a fee, as that's going to be much better for us financially - plus the fact that he's obviously been chosen by Bruce as a player that we can do without.

I hope you're right. I was merely guessing at why Sevilla have come back with a loan offer.

If we can sell him rather than loan him then I completely agree it's the better option.

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Because a loan is low risk and short term. If he breaks down with an injury resulting from whatever it was they found then a loan means they can send him back and they've wasted minimal money on him.

If they spent £8m on him and the same happened then they've wasted loads of transfer fee, and they're stuck with his wages on their books.

Your comments are logical, however Sevilla's actions are unethical.

They come across as a bunch of smart arses......They reserve the right to do what they have done......and we reserve the right to tell them to P ...off.

There are some people you want to do business with and others you can gain pleasure of saying we don't.

ps There are occasions when your heart can rule your head.....and if I was Dr T i would have great pleasure in saying its my heart.

Seville you can go and do one.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 15/04/2017 at 18:46, AntrimBlack said:

I think like a lot of our players in recent years, he will become a much better player when he goes somewhere else.

Agreed. 

He was awful today though. Taylor 

Â