Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Because a loan is low risk and short term. If he breaks down with an injury resulting from whatever it was they found then a loan means they can send him back and they've wasted minimal money on him.

If they spent £8m on him and the same happened then they've wasted loads of transfer fee, and they're stuck with his wages on their books.

Valid argument  but sorry i am not believing that for a second. Sevilla are notorious for being difficult to get money out of. They do their upmost to ensure they dont have to pay add on fees. They i felt thought hmm why pay when villa loan most of their players? We can save money by saying we have concerns over his medical history.

If that is the case its disgraceful from sevilla and i think we should never do business with them again.

Hopefully this has a positive impact on amavi if he stays here

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Why shouldn't they? We don't have to accept it.

How about this conspiracy theory?

What if someone at their club did not want to pay the money that had been negotiated to sign him permanently and suggested that given his past injury they pull out claiming he had failed his medical and then offered to take him on loan on the assumption that we were so desperate to get his wages off our books that we would take any offer to make this happen? I think they have taken us for mugs and in those circumstance I suspect that Jordan would be less than keen to join them after they have questioned his fitness in this way. 

I suspect that Seviila were being less than civil in making a loan bid shortly after pulling out of a permanent deal and I agree that we didn't have to accept it and I'm very glad that we did not. 

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

So much for wyness saying we expected at least 10 outgoings to raise some cash this summer - most of our players are not exactly wanted elsewhere.

“There is a lot of tidying up and we have got to cut back. I would think there could be up to ten players going out this summer, which is probably right,” he said.

“Steve has three or four targets that he wants and I can do that from the disposals of the players. We already have plans and are in discussions.

“There are a number of players on loan who we know the clubs want that we can sell and at the same time adhere to financial fair play rules, which are there, and very clear for us.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/18/aston-villa-plan-10-man-summer-clear-out-raise-25m-steve-bruce/

It's 11 days into the transfer window.

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

So much for wyness saying we expected at least 10 outgoings to raise some cash this summer - most of our players are not exactly wanted elsewhere.

Yes, because most clubs have the bulk of their incoming and outgoing deals done by early July. 

St Ettiene and Nantes are keen on Veretout. Neither of those sides have money to burn, so they might be waiting to offload players or just playing for time and hoping the price comes down later in the summer. 

There is interest in Amavi from Sevilla and a few other sides, so it's unlikely to be Sevilla or no one. Gil is probably the other one who might attract something approximating a decent fee. For the rest, Richards, Hutton or whoever, I'd expect them to depart towards the end of the window- if they depart at all. 

Which is why it wasn't particularly clever to box ourselves in and tell the world and his wife we need to sell to buy, but that's a different story. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's 11 days into the transfer window.

True but I don't see where he expects the 10 departures to come from - veretout, amavi , Gil yes but can't see where the other 6 will be , even Hutton has expressed a desire to stay when asked about Sheffield weds , players here are on good wages  and won't be easily moved on , however much we may need to clear the decks .

How the hell did Gardner justify a new long term contract last season ? We need to move some on as wyness has said as  this will effect our incomings .

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

True but I don't see where he expects the 10 departures to come from - veretout, amavi , Gil yes but can't see where the other 6 will be , even Hutton has expressed a desire to stay when asked about Sheffield weds , players here are on good wages  and won't be easily moved on , however much we may need to clear the decks .

How the hell did Gardner justify a new long term contract last season ? We need to move some on as wyness has said as  this will effect our incomings .

Think they were signing Gardner up to avoid his contract running out, in a view to hopefully selling him to the likes of Forrest in the summer.  He really is a lazy awful footballer and shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Think they were signing Gardner up to avoid his contract running out, in a view to hopefully selling him to the likes of Forrest in the summer.  He really is a lazy awful footballer and shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11.

That's an expensive way to protect an investment.

5 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

That's an expensive way to protect an investment.

Sure is, they probably thought he was better than he is and there would be a few championship clubs in for him.

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I reckon all that's happened is they found something in the medical that Villa don't think makes a difference and Sevilla do.

But not enough of a difference that they're still willing to go into next season with him as their leftback.

This is where my suspicions lie.

It seems that there are very few clubs out there that are interested in our surplus players.

barge poles spring to mind.

It does bring in to question ( in the past) our poor recruitment record......my god we have been suckers.

I do hope this is all behind us, because unless we get this right, we will go nowhere.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

But not enough of a difference that they're still willing to go into next season with him as their leftback.

This is where my suspicions lie.

Yeah. I don't really see why that's so surprising.

If they've found something that they think, for example, means he MIGHT re-injure his knee, then to me it's totally feasible that they'd take the risk on a loan but not on a £9m, 3-5 year transfer.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Yeah. I don't really see why that's so surprising.

If they've found something that they think, for example, means he MIGHT re-injure his knee, then to me it's totally feasible that they'd take the risk on a loan but not on a £9m, 3-5 year transfer.

Well I think you might be giving them a little too much credit, and that's before taking into account who they even are.

• Like 3

Just now, BOF said:

Well I think you might be giving them a little too much credit, and that's before taking into account who they even are.

Maybe.

But I don't really see what angle they'd be working if they'd done all this on purpose.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Maybe.

But I don't really see what angle they'd be working if they'd done all this on purpose.

Assume for a moment that the other side (i.e. the conspiracy side) are correct.  All on purpose.  Pre-meditated.  Sevilla end up getting the use of the player for no transfer fee (which is their real MO) and maybe even on reduced wages given the dodgy(sic) knee.  The net gain for them this season is huge.  Then next season the player has one year less on his Villa contract, the fee is further reduced.  He still has that dodgy(sic) knee, and rinse and repeat.

Sevilla are miserable bastards.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If you were of a certain cynical mindset, then you could see maybe that they put in a bid, get the player kind of set on going to Seville, get the club set on being without him - so Villa and the player are of a mind he's moving..., then by backing out and going back in for the loan, save millions of moneybeans but get the player anyway - if he turns out to be just the job, then they go back ina year, with a reduced offer, and if he turns out to be not what they wanted/thought, they chuck him back.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Maybe.

getting a player they want .....for very little outlay.

Maybe they do not have the money and have tried to manipulate a deal.

Your reasoning is sound, but from our camp its very dubious.

There is a calculated risk in any deal and wow we have been on the end of plenty, where the player has not met expectations.

I think they want their "cake and eat it"

However, I am not interested in their excuse/reasons.....just interested in us.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, blandy said:

If you were of a certain cynical mindset, then you could see maybe that they put in a bid, get the player kind of set on going to Seville, get the club set on being without him - so Villa and the player are of a mind he's moving..., then by backing out and going back in for the loan, save millions of moneybeans but get the player anyway - if he turns out to be just the job, then they go back ina year, with a reduced offer, and if he turns out to be not what they wanted/thought, they chuck him back.

" sale/loan or return"

Its a nice try isn't it?.:(

They might as well of proposed a rent or lease deal and be done with it.

Edited by TRO

Interesting all this.

Perhaps we should insist on a second medical test done by a third party. If he comes out as ok then get some oily lawyer to extract £ millions from Seville in compensation....

Regards

Del

20 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Interesting all this.

Perhaps we should insist on a second medical test done by a third party. If he comes out as ok then get some oily lawyer to extract £ millions from Seville in compensation....

Regards

Del

......"call for SAUL":)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â