Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Thought he played really well last night.

Dribbled past players with ease, overlapped really well and put in a number of dangerous crosses. All very impressive for a player who is apparently crocked.

That being said he was hardly tested at all defensively last night which we all know is his biggest weakness

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I wonder if we're looking to keep him now? He's been looking pretty decent in the pre-season, linking up very well with Andre Green. 

I would doubt it. His absence from the team doesn't represent a downgrade and there will probably be a £6m+ bid for him in the coming weeks. The only reason he stays IMO is if his knee is really fucd 

Look hes our most valuable player to get rid of at the moment and he will likely be a back up. If we can get a decent price i would sell. Love to keep him though

26 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If money were no object, I'd be fine keeping him, but it is an object, so I'm not. 

I think it really depends on how much we can get for him and whether or not we manage to sell the others that we're looking to shift. 

He looks a bag of nerves, his decision making is rushed and he gives the ball away too often. I like him but I think the injury has ruined him or has stunted his progression and it will take him another couple of seasons to get back to 100%

9 hours ago, lexicon said:

I wonder if we're looking to keep him now? He's been looking pretty decent in the pre-season, linking up very well with Andre Green. 

I'd defo try to keep him.

We need two LB's and were also lacking left sided wide players.

He's not very good on the wing but could do a job if called for.

Edited by AshVilla

I wonder if we're playing him for the shop window or are preparing him for a season with us. 

Certainly nothing can be very close or he wouldn't be playing. 

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

He's our best player by a distance in my opinion. It's baffling to me why we would want to sell him to raise funds.

Why do you think he's our best player?

I don't think he's done a single thing to warrant that title.

He gives the ball away often, defensively his positioning is unsound, his crossing has become pretty terrible to the point where he seems unwilling to cross and would rather lay it off for someone else to do it.

He's pretty easily beaten with the slightest of tricks.

He's very unconvincing in the air

Hasn't scored a goal since joining and not sure if he even has an assist(?).

But yeah, aside from that he's our "best player".

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He gives the ball away often, defensively his positioning is unsound, his crossing has become pretty terrible to the point where he seems unwilling to cross and would rather lay it off for someone else to do it.

Don't answer to trolling, it encourages further trolling. Last week it was Bacuna who was our best player, now it's Amavi, next week it'll be Richards ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I remember him having a few assists for Gestede against Bournemouth away and Liverpool away under Sherwood in Amavi's first season 2015/16 I think, his crossing is generally good in my opinion 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I remember him having a few assists for Gestede against Bournemouth away and Liverpool away under Sherwood in Amavi's first season 2015/16 I think, his crossing is generally good in my opinion 

It's good when he has time and space to float one in, not so good when he's under pressure. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Thanks 1

Â