Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Aston Villa considering double swoop for Nice duo

Villa reportedly meet French club's €8m valuation for defender Jordan Amavi and Aston Villa are reportedly planning a double raid on French side Nice for Jordan Amavi and Valentin Eysseric.

Lyon had a €4million bid for talented French defender Amavi kicked back prompting other clubs to express an interest.

Villa were one of them, and are now thought to be the only club that have met the Ligue 1 team’s valuation having offered in the region of €8million.

And the Claret and Blues are thought to be the only club chasing Amavi’s teammate Eysseric, a 23-year-old attacking midfielder.

The only stumbling block in the Amavi deal appears to be the player himself.

According to reports, the 21-year-old is “not sure” about switching to Villa despite being offered a healthy financial package.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-amavi-eysseric-nice-9467987 

I understand the defender cause we need those, but the attacking midfielder? Aren't we in for Gueye? I mean unless Sherwood really doesn't rate Grealish then I don't see why we need more than Gueye, Grealish, Gil and N'Zogbia in that role..

I understand the defender cause we need those, but the attacking midfielder? Aren't we in for Gueye? I mean unless Sherwood really doesn't rate Grealish then I don't see why we need more than Gueye, Grealish, Gil and N'Zogbia in that role..

From my understanding Gueye is not an attacking midfielder, more defensive or box to box. I think Essyric is another option in the Chery, Praet saga

Delph- Gueye- Sanchez/Westwood

Praet-      Grealish

Gil probably will be back in Spain by the time of  the season and N'zogbia should be moved on aswell if possible.

We don't have an endless amount of options in midfield with Joe Cole also drawing his pension this year.

Gueye isn't an attacking-midfielder...

£9 million bid made for Jordan Amavi

Aston Villa have tabled a £9 million bid for Nice left-back Jordan Amavi.

Tim Sherwood made the offer yesterday and hopes for permission to fly in the young defender this weekend.Amavi, a France Under-21, was hotly tipped to move this summer, with many leading clubs interested, but Villa have jumped to the front of the queue after putting cash on the table. Sherwood insists his side needs cover at left-back and Amavi, 21, is both a quick defender and comfortable going forward.

Nice are prepared to sell and insiders revealed that the fee has been ‘virtually agreed’.Villa have also just completed a £9m deal for Lille’s midfield dynamo Idrissa Gueye.It is a coup for Villa with Gueye snubbing French giants Marseille because he fancies playing in the Premier League. The 25-year-old passed a medical and finalised terms on a four-year contract yesterday — subject to international clearance.

And the Senegalese star becomes Villa’s biggest deal for four-and-a-half years since Darren Bent signed from Sunderland in an £18m deal which rose to £24m. Gueye said: “Everyone knows England has a league that attracts me, now this is a dream move.”

Southampton, West Ham and Crystal Palace all bid for Gueye, who played over 130 games for Ligue 1 Lille. But Villa insist Gueye is not a replacement for England midfielder Fabian Delph, 25, who has an £8m release clause in his deal and is on Manchester City’s radar.

Sources close to the club say Villa expect Delph and Spurs and Liverpool target Christian Benteke to be on board when Villa fly to Albufeira for pre- season training next week.

And Sherwood is still optimistic about landing Dutch midfielder Tjaronn Chery, 27, as Groningen prepare to accept a £3.5m offer.

• Like 3

Gueye isn't an attacking-midfielder...

Think he's referring to Eysseric.

Edited by abdomlahor

Think he's referring to Eysseric.

But he seems to be implying that there is no point of signing an attacking-midfielder with the arrival of Gueye.

If Guzan stays and is first choice, a team like this could line up for us next month:

-------------Guzan--------

Richards--Okore--Clark--Amavi

--------Gueye-----Delph-------

Praet-------Grealish-----Sinclair

-------------Benteke------------

I would be well happy with a line-up like that.

Â