Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Why are people so surprised by the loan offer?

He's clearly a player they think would add something to their squad.

A loan gives them that addition without the risk of whatever they found in the medical to turn him into a flop of a signing.

it's cheeky but if we want his wages off our books for a season then I can see us accepting it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Offer them a stupid amount of money for their worst player.

Then just before we sign the cheque, say "lol, no".

I did that on FM once.

What I like about this is that 'lol, no' obviously isn't an option on FM . . . so we've got an excellent insight into the sort of thing you say to yourself while playing computer games. 

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What I like about this is that 'lol, no' obviously isn't an option on FM . . . so we've got an excellent insight into the sort of thing you say to yourself while playing computer games. 

I'm sure there's a mod somewhere allowing you to say "lol, no", "gwanoffbeanazz" or any similar term of choice when tactfully declining an offer.

• Like 1

Just now, NIVillan said:

Loan for this season forced to buy at end of season is only loan I would give, 3 million to loan plus original fee agreed to buy.

Yep agreed.  While you could understand their initial trepidation, it means everyone gets what they want and they limit their risk if the worst happens.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, striker said:

Would rather see him playing for Villa this season and proving that Sev are a bunch of rocket polishers than loan him to them.

He didn't do enough to get in the villa team last season as a regular starter - take a smaller offer if we get one and get rid.

Nowhere near the player he was before his injury - same can be said for gary  Gardner - 2 players who had great potential but horrific injuries have left both a shadow of what they once were .

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why are people so surprised by the loan offer?

He's clearly a player they think would add something to their squad.

A loan gives them that addition without the risk of whatever they found in the medical to turn him into a flop of a signing.

it's cheeky but if we want his wages off our books for a season then I can see us accepting it.

It is beyond cheeky. :angry: If they think he would add something to their squad they should have gone ahead with the deal. To have pulled out of it and then said they were willing to take him off our hands but only on loan smacks of them wanting their cake and to eat it.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John said:

It is beyond cheeky. :angry: If they think he would add something to their squad they should have gone ahead with the deal. To have pulled out of it and then said they were willing to take him off our hands but only on loan smacks of them wanting their cake and to eat it.  

Agreed, the time for loaning players out should be gone - we need to offload some and do so for hard cash - no more loans .

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, John said:

Why shouldn't they? We don't have to accept it.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

But in what world would they think they we WOULD accept it?

We're clearly looking to sell him, not loan, have gone through the whole process of accepting an offer, letting him leave pre-season training to go to their medical, announcing on official channels that it's 'all but done', and then having them report (supposedly wrongly) that he failed the medical.

They're well within their rights to launch a loan offer, in the same way that we're within our rights to offer £500k to Everton for Lukaku. But both scenarios would be surprising.

• Like 2

Are Sevilla taking the piss, I'm furious

We should blacklist this club and do no future business with them for any player

They have handled this deal with such disrespect and utter contempt 

If they want Amavi their chairman can speak to Dr Tony his number is 0121 **** do one

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ita not really the point though is it. They have come up with downright lies which know effects our club as now clubs will think he has injury problems meaning less money.

Its absolutely disgraceful behaviour from them

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Just now, PatrickCousens said:

Do we know that they are lying? Or are we taking Tony's word for it?

Tony has an interest in claiming that Amavi has no issues - it helps Amavi to retain value to other potential buyers.

Which is why I chose my first word carefully.

This is all very odd.  If they didn't want to sign him in the first place why would a fee get accepted and a medical conducted? The fact that they still want him suggests something was discovered in the medical which has put them off parting with 8M for him and taking a big chance of ending up with a crocked player.

Otherwise it all makes no sense.

47 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

But in what world would they think they we WOULD accept it?

Maybe in a world where we're looking to get wages off the books to comply with FFP, and we're worried we won't be able to sell him now that he's failed a medical.

I don't know if that's the case, but it's feasible.

24 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Do we know that they are lying? Or are we taking Tony's word for it?

Tony has an interest in claiming that Amavi has no issues - it helps Amavi to retain value to other potential buyers.

Why would tony say this? It doesn't benefit the club whatsoever

Edited by Demitri_C

Â