Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

I think even as first choice left back he was never likely to want to hang around for another season in the championship. As it is he is playing second fiddle to Taylor and I doubt he had any desire to spend next season as that.

He may well turn out to be a better left back than Taylor but as things stand now Taylor would have to be first choice for me and we are not in a position to turn down 8 mill offers for a reserve left back. If Cissokho goes though, as seems likely, we will need cover there unless De Laet can cover that side.

I think this is a win win though as Amavi gets a good move and we get 8 mill for our second choice left back to invest in the squad. Good luck to him especially if there is a sell on clause.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Never seemed the same player to me after the injury. Having such a terrible injury at such a crucial stage of his development is massively unfortunate however in a less physical league with better players around him he may well get back on track.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Was he that good before the injury?

I remember him and Guzan costing us against palace in his 3rd or 4th game. 

He showed potential, set up a few goals for Gestede.

Didn't happen for him here for various reasons but as I suspected his reputation abroad remained intact as how many champions league clubs come in for a mid table championship squad player. Sevilla is a great move for him so hopefully we've put in an add on clause.

Wish him well but pleased to see him go, he was simply terrible last season.

We needed to get the income and reduce the wages to give us room to manover within FFP.

It's a shame after his early promise but it wasn't going to work.

• Like 3

Good luck to him but I cannot see him getting much game time and I doubt he will amount to much. Had high hopes but I think the injury has done for him likes it did Jores before him.

Watched him get run ragged by too many Championship journeymen and caught in no man's land too many times for it to be coincidence. I don't know why people think he will be better in Spain....it's still a competitive league and it wasn't as if his only flaw was strength. 

54 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Any source on fee?

Good luck to him. Only one jordan left. Still feel a bit gutted the french experiment turned merde.

Every single Frenchman to ever join Villa has been a failure. Managers and players right back to Didier Six.

Ginola, Pires, Berson, Garde, Houllier....

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Biggest regret is we didnt get the £25m for him from China. Even if he was playing well thats a huge profit on our original outlay and would have gone some way to balancing the books. Bet the Dr regrets rejecting that now but yeah, Au revoir Jordan.

There is no way that was a genuine offer. I don't know what Tony's motivation was for making it up. Absolutely no way would we have turned down £25m for him.

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Any news on the fee?

Undisclosed but as a guess we might have got back what we paid but with a sell on fee.  With the market the sell on fee could be quite lucrative if he fulfils his porential and a Prem team comes in for him in a season or two.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's one we'll look back on with a little regret as his career develops - I think he'll go on to have a very good career. File under Gueye.

Spot on. Good luck Jordan.

• Like 2

£6.8m according to transfermarkt.

Says it all about what we've been like in the market when you look at that page.  Signed him for £9.35m when his market value was £3.4m (although that was understandable at the time - you pay for potential, and I still think he'll go on to largely fulfil that), then we sell him for £6.8m when his MV is £8.5m.

Â