Christian Benteke

Kwan

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

1 against San Marino and 2 against Cyprus since 17/18 season

See, this is the sort of statistical manipulation we always get on this site. Why oh why did you ignore the 3 he scored against Gibraltar in 2016/7?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Genie said:

😮 

Terrifying stats. I’m sure we have a 16 or 17 year old at the club who could achieve at least the same.

I guess we’re clinging to the hope he comes full of enthusiasm and energy.

its like some team buying Hogan off us, based on what he did at Brentford that one season.

If only we could find such a team.

Having a player who could possibly be a hangover from  4 goals in 65 games, is what I call a real gamble.

We want effervescence around the place not melancholy.

Edited by TRO

Funny coincidence, my lad installed FIFA 16 on the Xbox to see how it compares to FIFA 19 he’s been playing for a while. We had a game of Classic 11 (Pele, Maradona etc) versus World 11 (Messi, Ramos etc). On the bench for the world 11 was none other than Christian Benteke. Shows he really was on the cusp of greatness but it just didn’t happen at all.

Just seen On sky sports app a French club has turned down the chance to loan him because they didn’t want to pay £500k fee, we really should take a chance for that money and get him in the squad asap, it’s a drop in the ocean for a premier league club. We really just need a body upfront to put them self about a little and hold it up for Jack. Really silly if we don’t get him imo.

44 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Just seen On sky sports app a French club has turned down the chance to loan him because they didn’t want to pay £500k fee, we really should take a chance for that money and get him in the squad asap, it’s a drop in the ocean for a premier league club. We really just need a body upfront to put them self about a little and hold it up for Jack. Really silly if we don’t get him imo.

It’s still £499k too much for that waste of space. Not to mention his obscene wages. 

• Like 1

Palace are the joint lowest goalscorers in the league & are not exactly blessed with a squad full of forwards, They have Ayew who scores a goal every 4 games or so, Conor Wickham  who has scored 3 goals in 3 years and barely kicked a ball in that time and have just signed Tosun on loan who has managed about 8 goals in 2 years of english football. Other than Benteke that is the extent of their forward options (excluding Zaha as more of a winger) and yet still they are happy to let Benteke go out on loan. Should tell you all you need to know really.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Hopefully that puts an end to that one.

" could be one of our best players".....what!!....4 goals in 65 games.

do they think us fans are completely stupid.....some of the verbals that come out from these people are astonishing.

I would expect them be paying Villa to take him.

• Like 1

"I just can't believe I'm being asked the question to be perfectly honest, I really can't.

"I can't believe in a serious press conference someone is going to suggest, where we have very few forwards anyway, a player that we're badly missing because he's been out injured, that we as a football club or I as the manager are seriously considering loaning out what is potentially one of our best players to a club in the French division.

.https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11706/11910832/christian-benteke-loan-question-riles-crystal-palace-manager-roy-hodgson

Mods - sorry if I’ve done this wrong. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Â