Christian Benteke

Kwan

4 hours ago, omariqy said:

Tbf he's been injured. Which is another reason not to go for him sadly. 

Injured or injured like Kodjia I think there is a difference at this time of year!

Tekkers was in my dream last night probably because I was thinking about the El Ghazi header at 0-0 and how Tekkers would have buried it!

16 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Injured or injured like Kodjia I think there is a difference at this time of year!

Tekkers was in my dream last night probably because I was thinking about the El Ghazi header at 0-0 and how Tekkers would have buried it!

4 in 65 games.....how do you deduce that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Very true.

But should we be aiming to sign someone who is simply "better than no striker at all"

Or should we be trying to sign someone a bit better.

If it wasn't for the fact he'd played for us, we'd be absolutely livid at the suggestion of signing Benteke.

Bang on the money.

Don't care, as long as we get someone else in. Surely worth punting on someone who will be supported massively by the fans. Had a swagger when he played for us which has not been replicated elsewhere. Fan support breeds confidence in many players. It's worth a punt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

I want to be as romantically nourished as the next man when it comes to benteke returning to b6 but he's done nothing since he left us. 

Kept Palace up with his goals in his first season with them(a Palace fan's words not mine) and was able to gain a more than respectable 169 minutes per goal in the PL with Liverpool

Edited by Laughable Chimp

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Tekkers would be a masterstroke. He will only play well for us. Absolutely sure of it

You don't care that he's been a disaster for last 3 seasons plus all the injuries? Or that he left like a shot and when he arrived had mistaken us for London team and hoped to play for his dream club Arsenal one day. So much delusion in our fan base

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

I want to be as romantically nourished as the next man when it comes to benteke returning to b6 but he's done nothing since he left us. 

Again I think 'done nothing' is a bit of an exaggeration, if anything his season at Liverpool (where ultimately he just didn't suit Klopp's style) and his first at Palace he continued with pretty much the same form as he had with us.  

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

You don't care that he's been a disaster for last 3 seasons plus all the injuries? Or that he left like a shot and when he arrived had mistaken us for London team and hoped to play for his dream club Arsenal one day. So much delusion in our fan base

It's just an opinion. I know you hate him and seem to have an odd obsession with criticising him and any poster who wants him to sign.

In my opinion, when he came to us, wanted to use us as a stepping stone. Cant argue as arsenal were more successful than us and arguably bigger at the time.

He got his move and plop ruined him. Didnt play to his syrengths and dropped him like a stone. Confidence dropped massively. Went palace and didnt deliver again was dropped instantly. Confidence shattered . 

Imagine the buzz around VP for his debut. Grealish linking up with him. I think it would work!

Sincerest apologies once more for having a different opinion to you.

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Imagine the buzz around VP for his debut. Grealish linking up with him. I think it would work!

The buzz would wear off awfully quick if his Palace form and injury history carries over. Also I don't hate Benteke. What a stupid comment to make. I hate the idea of signing him

Edited by Kiwivillan

I’m all for bringing back Benteke, I think it’s reasonable at this difficult time to recruit but I have also formulated a better plan.

Here goes... we swap Neil Taylor for Crystal Palace’s other striker Jordan Ayew just like Swansea did to us! 

Genius I know.

Â