Christian Benteke

Kwan

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

To be honest, mate, this is really **** inconvenient for my point. 

Please don't take my comment as some sort of endorsement of Ayew. He's **** bollocks

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Saw a video of his red card, was for a tiny kick on Konsa shin which Konsa didnt react.

Fernandes actually did worse damage to Konsa than Benteke

Still kicked out after the final whistle, no argument for me that it’s a red

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Still kicked out after the final whistle, no argument for me that it’s a red

Oh yeah it was stupid, just surprised it was seen by the ref as it wasnt so obvious and Konsa didn't make a meal of it

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Saw a video of his red card, was for a tiny kick on Konsa shin which Konsa didnt react.

Fernandes actually did worse damage to Konsa than Benteke

Where is the video please?

On 14/07/2020 at 19:13, Davkaus said:

This guy staggers me more. At least Benteke had a few good seasons. Jordan Ayew has never been a better than one in 5 striker, he has nothing else to his game, and he's spent years in the PL. 

I thought Ayew had a good season, 9 league goals. He's basically a 1 in 3 as he had in our relegation season given he can drop deep and link up with midfield and press the opposition. actually something we lack a bit.

On 13/07/2020 at 21:40, Chindie said:

There was a moment in the game yesterday, in the final 10 or so when Palace actually tried for a bit, where they put in a decent cross and Benteke got his head on it. But that's all he did. He touched the ball with his head. He seemingly couldn't, or didn't even try, to attack the ball, to place a header on target. He just got into the air, just about, and had the ball slightly divert to sail wide. 

Reminds me of Hause on set pieces 😂

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Where is the video please?

About 10:23 of this. It's basically nothing but enough for a red. A clearly deliberate kick.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

About 10:23 of this. It's basically nothing but enough for a red. A clearly deliberate kick.

So stupid from tekkers there. He was shit in the game palace have nothing to play for whats the point?

When i see things like this makes me he cant be asked to play so just gets himself sent off so he can enjoy the  break 

Definitely finished in pl

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So stupid from tekkers there. He was shit in the game palace have nothing to play for whats the point?

When i see things like this makes me he cant be asked to play so just gets himself sent off so he can enjoy the  break 

Definitely finished in pl

Gets to go on holiday early tbf

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

As i said, hopefully this will end the bring him home posts every window

I bet it doesn’t though.

Someone will suggest, on a free or a heavily incentivised deal would be worth the risk. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I bet it doesn’t though.

Someone will suggest, on a free or a heavily incentivised deal would be worth the risk. 

Milner and Benteke double swoop 😂

Bizarrely nobody ever says same about Young who was better than both and did a lot more Villa than either them 2

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Bring him back. Just needs the service.

Elmo and Targett would give him 20 goals a season again.

Exactly, he’d be getting the service that Zaha, and Townsend can’t provide.

I'd like to know just what exactly caused all this. Because he clearly wasn't just a one season wonder with us. Usually the biggest problems we had with him here weren't bad form but injuries.

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'd like to know just what exactly caused all this. Because he clearly wasn't just a one season wonder with us. Usually the biggest problems we had with him here weren't bad form but injuries.

Confidence following a failed big move. Motivation following dropping down a level. 100k a week deal. Blown achilles taking years off him. Always meant he would be finished at this age.

I always wonder what could have been if we signed Ayew/Adama/Veretout/Gana etc if he stayed. Instead of getting relegated we could have built a nice team. But I guess that would have been impossible with Sherwood and more importantly Lerner at the helm.

Â