Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Never the most gifted and his positional sense costs us on several occasions. I would say, however, that given we've had so called Villa fans play for the club and seemingly not care, I always enjoyed that Hutton loved the club and clearly wants the best for the club and fans. It's rare these days in football and I'll remember him fondly for the connection he had to Villa.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

That a player like Alan Hutton is seen as some sort of cult hero is one of the bigges indications of how far the club has fallen in recent years

It's embarrassing.

Should have been released years ago

Good player. Actually got better as time went on. The time is right for a change though.

As for other fans who come here to knock him one more time, thats your right obviously, but I ask you to think again. What will you achieve? Let the rest of us celebrate a fine servant and player for Aston Villa.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He was never good enough, but it was never for a lack of effort. I'd thank him for helping get us out of the Championship, but then again, he was also part of the reason we were there to begin with! Alas, I'm still grateful.

Edited by VillaHatesMe

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What the actual f***?

Some of the shite that has been posted in this thread against Villa's longest serving player behind Jack Grealish is absolute madness and laughable, but this tops it.

Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion, absolutely, but goodness me!

We have witnessed some shite arrive at Villa Park over the years who have not came for half as much crap as what I have read in this thread this season against Alan Hutton.

"The Scottish Cafu"

skysports-hutton-aston-villa_4499283.jpg

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Thank you Alan and all the best! 🦁

14 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

Fans often say when we lose, the players don’t care.

Alan Hutton has never not cared.We often criticise players for not being loyal.

Alan Hutton has always given 110% and shown loyalty especially last season when our finances were looking dodgy.

The way we treat our  old players will have effect on new players.

If we don’t respect honest,loyal players I think it reflects bad on us .Some players who have played for us have only done so for financial reasons.I don’t think this was Hutton’s main concern in his later years.We should celebrate long serving players who have given their all.

Agree with both posts. There has been some embarrassingly classless stuff posted about a long-serving, committed but now-departing player.

I don't understand the mentality of some people. We're getting, essentially, "Yeah, you were crap. **** off, Alan" in this thread and in other threads we get people posting about Benteke, a word removed who is now shite and wanted to bale after a season, in such a way I'm inclined to think they'd lick his grolley off a wet dog turd if he allowed us to slap 100k a week on him on a three year deal.

Seriously, if you can't bring yourselves to be magnanimous, or merely keeping your baleful counsel, towards a player who always played to his limits - even if they didn't meet your standards - in the week we get promoted and he moves on, you need to have a word with yourselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, privateer said:

Agree with both posts. There has been some embarrassingly classless stuff posted about a long-serving, committed but now-departing player.

I don't understand the mentality of some people. We're getting, essentially, "Yeah, you were crap. **** off, Alan" in this thread and in other threads we get people posting about Benteke, a word removed who is now shite and wanted to bale after a season, in such a way I'm inclined to think they'd lick his grolley off a wet dog turd if he allowed us to slap 100k a week on him on a three year deal.

Seriously, if you can't bring yourselves to be magnanimous, or merely keeping your baleful counsel, towards a player who always played to his limits - even if they didn't meet your standards - in the week we get promoted and he moves on, you need to have a word with yourselves.

Hear Hear!

Really, the shit Alan Hutton had to take continuously from the club, various managers and also a few “fans” as evidenced here, is unbelievable. Yet he remained focused and buoyant throughout and in the darkest times was often the only player on the pitch who looked like he gave a shit. 

For all that he doesn’t just deserve a testimonial, we should name a stand after him!

• Like 1

It's definitely time for Alan to move on, but he should be praised for his efforts and his loyalty to the club. Lumped in the bomb squad and lived to tell the tale. Fought for the club during times when others clearly couldn't care less and goes out with a promotion on his resume and a derby goal that will never be forgotten. All the best Alan, you should be welcome at Villa Park indefinitely.

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 2

Â