Alan Hutton

Rich_D

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Testimonials are for great players.

Hutton has never been a great player for us, he is not a legend, never will be.

Testimonials are for players who serve ten years at one club I believe.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, av1 said:

No they are not. Testimonials are a financial thank you for service, a golden goodbye if you like. 

Players are now multi millionaires hence the need for them has deminished. 

Money goes to charity these days I think, it's more just a way to say goodbye to a player who has given a lot of time or is highly regarded nowadays.

I think he deserves one, never been the best ability wise but has been treated very poorly over the years and has never sulked or said a bad word about the club when many others would have, always kept himself in top shape and has contributed with some big moments for us. Has a real connection with the fans, a testimonial is more than deserved IMO

• Like 3

**** me, I really don't hope we have a mass cull of the senior players, Shipping out 6/8 players and bringing in another 6/8 will see us end up like Fulham, think most should be given another 12 months to set the standard for new players coming in that might upset the dressing room. 

Edited by Kingman

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

**** me, I really don't hope we have a mass cull of the senior players, Shipping out 6/8 players and bringing in another 6/8 will see us end up like Fulham, I like most should be given another 12 months to set the standard for new players coming in that might upset the dressing room. 

Soo would you keep him?

I think Whelan will get another year. 

But Grealish, Chester, Mings & McGinn set the standard.

We also have a back room staff that is part of the culture here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Looks like he has been released too...

Thanks for the good times Cafu. You've served us well. ♥️

But he didn’t. We got relegated with him and were 3 years in the championship with him at RB. Main reason I personally believe we went up was because he got injured and a proper right back played.

Lets not rewrite history with this giving his all BS. The amount of times in a game he bombed forward and jogged back at his leisure infuriated me. I actually think he believed he was cafu with the stupid name he was given by fans. 

There is no way the worst RB we have had for 50 years should be given a testimonial or even consider a great servant to Villa. 

Only think i give him credit for is not complaining and keeping his head down when he was put in the bomb squad.

12 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

But he didn’t. We got relegated with him and were 3 years in the championship with him at RB. Main reason I personally believe we went up was because he got injured and a proper right back played.

Lets not rewrite history with this giving his all BS. The amount of times in a game he bombed forward and jogged back at his leisure infuriated me. I actually think he believed he was cafu with the stupid name he was given by fans. 

There is no way the worst RB we have had for 50 years should be given a testimonial or even consider a great servant to Villa. 

Only think i give him credit for is not complaining and keeping his head down when he was put in the bomb squad.

I loved Hutton. Give it a rest.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, momo said:

I loved Hutton. Give it a rest.

O thats ok, you loved him so I won’t criticise him. If that was case on here no player would get criticised incase in hurt someone else

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

O thats ok, you loved him so I won’t criticise him. If that was case on here no player would get criticised incase in hurt someone else

I'm sure no player play to hurt your feelings.

3 minutes ago, momo said:

I'm sure no player play to hurt your feelings.

Well imo Hutton was an awful player and i curse the day he signed for Villa.

Its nothing personal and he seems a good bloke but doesn’t change my opinion on his footballing ability 

30 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

So yes, he served us well. Regardless of your, completely subjective, view - he gave his all, never complained and genuinely enjoyed playing for us. 

As for worst RB in 50 years, James Bree made Hutton actually look like Cafu.

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

but ultimately very very shit. 

That's how i will remember him. 

Terrible fullback, cannot defend for his life. He's had some moments of brilliance this season and last season he was ok, but that doesn't change my overall impression of him.

34 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Habib Beye likes this.

Never forget how he was bombed out of the squad for 2 years by Lambert for seemingly no reason, even finding himself in Mallorca at one point, and then coming back into the team like nothing even happened and forced himself back into the team with some great performances. Always been a consummate professional and never took anything personally. What he lacked in ability he always made up for with effort. Thanks for memories and THAT goal Alan.

Â