Alan Hutton

Rich_D

30 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Looks to me like James Chester.

Edit: It might have actually been Lansbury thinking about it, he came on after only returning from injury and lasted about 8 minutes and went off  injured again about a minute after Aldo had scored that goal.

I thought that action ,was quite quick thinking too.

Edited by TRO

Imagine Hutton being given a 10 minute farewell cameo when we're 3 up, only to do a dodgy back pass setting Derby up to a thrilling comeback. It's the stuff of nightmares. Shouldn't even let him in the ground. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 14:22, Jareth said:

Imagine Hutton being given a 10 minute farewell cameo when we're 3 up, only to do a dodgy back pass setting Derby up to a thrilling comeback. It's the stuff of nightmares. Shouldn't even let him in the ground. 

I don't see us being 3-0 up at any point.  I think this is going to be a very tight game, full of nerves too.

• Like 3

On 18/05/2019 at 10:26, Zatman said:

I wonder will he continue on, if he retires I could see the club giving him a coaching position as he seems a positive influence in the squad

Imagine him trying to teach some youngster or other close control :crylaugh:

EDIT: In case it isn't clear, I love the bloke, but . . .

Edited by HanoiVillan

As a member of the Alan Hutton fan club I would be fine to see him play next week if needed.

That said I dont think he should start. He has been out for a while and throwing in an older player cold for such a big game seems overly risky.

• Like 1

On 18/05/2019 at 03:46, AvfcRigo82 said:

True, but we are talking about a 15 minute cameo at Wembley for his send off (on the off chance we are 3-0 up by 75 minutes and the game is out of reach).

Fwiw, It's going to 99% be his last game and he won't be featuring again, sadly.

After being in the stadium when we scored 3 goals in 10 minutes against Sheffield, I'm gonna say NO. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

After being in the stadium when we scored 3 goals in 10 minutes against Sheffield, I'm gonna say NO. 

After being in the stadium when I witnessed Hutton playing major errors for 3 out of the 3 goals for Sheffield I will also say no.

• Like 2

On 18/05/2019 at 03:46, AvfcRigo82 said:

True, but we are talking about a 15 minute cameo at Wembley for his send off (on the off chance we are 3-0 up by 75 minutes and the game is out of reach).

Fwiw, It's going to 99% be his last game and he won't be featuring again, sadly.

If we were up 4-0 at Wembley I might give him injury time, that's it.

I would not risk anymore than that certainly not 15 minutes. I do not like what Hutton does, he runs up from defence into there box as if he's an attacker, his mistake is he never gets back in time for when the counter is on, he costs us goals.

Playing Hutton you have to expect one to two goals at least going against us because he doesn't learn.

On 24/05/2019 at 08:31, Dave-R said:

If we were up 4-0 at Wembley I might give him injury time, that's it.

I would not risk anymore than that certainly not 15 minutes. I do not like what Hutton does, he runs up from defence into there box as if he's an attacker, his mistake is he never gets back in time for when the counter is on, he costs us goals.

Playing Hutton you have to expect one to two goals at least going against us because he doesn't learn.

His positioning is so bad maybe we should tell him he is a right winger so he will start defending

• Haha 1

Good luck to him. I find it hard to forget how lazy and uninterested he was the year we went down. But he has served us well in this league. Could probably manage another year or two at Championship level. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â