Alan Hutton

Rich_D

14 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Hutton was shit. A moment of brilliance once every 20 games doesn't change that fact.

When your loved kid makes you a cake for father's Day and it isn't very good you still say you liked it and appreciate the effort because the kid put all his heart in it. Obviously he can't cook, but you will eat it with a smile on your face.

That's the way I feel about Hutton. Not very good, but a great professional, had some very good games, most poor ones, but it was definately good to move on. I will definately not call him shit, I will look fondly at his time with us. 

• Like 4

I don't remember any games when you could say Hutton was the worst player on the pitch

Hutton has had a great career and still has some mileage left for clubs to take a punt.

He has/had good speed, bravery commitment, dribbling skills hard in the tackle.

Played for some massive clubs, big money moves, capped many times by his country.

flaws in every players game. good managers and coaches should of patched them up on the training ground and part of some poor teams in a dark era for Villa however we should remember the good times as he is a Villa man. His goal against the filthy and his great tackle on shane long are massive highlights for me. He should have the freedom of the city to drive his sheep through the queensways.

However his compatriot lambert disgracfully discarded him made him train with the pups. However Hutton showed tremendous dignity and strength of character to come through the bad times and end on high note.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's in the top five moments in my life.

Being out of the country, I do about 1 game a year. That was the game last year. A West Ham supporting mate of mine summed it up. "You have seen Hutton score, you can stop now"

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Being out of the country, I do about 1 game a year. That was the game last year. A West Ham supporting mate of mine summed it up. "You have seen Hutton score, you can stop now"

I was on a trip to Munich. Got into the city from the airport, straight to an Irish bar with no other Villans in it but somehow four noses. Oh how I laughed like a madman at them!

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, sne said:

So out of the players we "should have kept this season as well" (Jedi, Hutton and Whelan) 2 has retired and the other one is playing at Fleetwood.

Yeah, I'm sure they all would have been extremely useful.

I think most of it would have just been some benefit having them in & around the place.. Handy to have a bit of experience & know-how around when you have lots of new players & things are going wrong on the pitch. If we had paid a million quid to keep Hutton & Whelan around for the season (lets face it nobody else was going to offer them 10 grand a week) and only really used them on the training pitch it woud have probably been worth it

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

I think most of it would have just been some benefit having them in & around the place.. Handy to have a bit of experience & know-how around when you have lots of new players & things are going wrong on the pitch. If we had paid a million quid to keep Hutton & Whelan around for the season (lets face it nobody else was going to offer them 10 grand a week) and only really used them on the training pitch it woud have probably been worth it

Would they have offered anything that John Terry can't?

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Oh go on then:

SlightGoodnaturedAbyssiniangroundhornbil

I enjoyed my wedding, passing various exams, that trip to that massage parlour that time, but if I'm honest with myself, this is the best moment of my life, and it will probably never be beaten. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

Would they have offered anything that John Terry can't?

guess we'll never know but 3 is better than 1 i guess and expect some of the under 21/23 would have maybe benefitted from training with people like Hutton/Whelan. Sure they might not be world beaters but they are hard working pros & seemed to be good guys as far as attitude/team spirit went. The 2 of them combined for about half of what we were paying mccormack not to be anywhere near the squad would have seemed like a gamble worth taking

Edited by LakotaDakota

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

guess we'll never know but 3 is better than 1 i guess and expect some of the under 21/23 would have maybe benefitted from training with people like Hutton/Whelan. Sure they might not be world beaters but they are hard working pros & seemed to be good guys as far as attitude/team spirit went

It is what I do tbf. Search over 35s, international caps 1 or more. Sign a dozen of the words removed on 450pw contracts and 30k appearance fees and stock out my U23s with them. Send all the U23s out to feeder clubs.

Good times man. Good times.

• Like 2

Â