Alan Hutton

Rich_D

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, sne said:

Absolutely nothing?

What I’m trying to say is if Hutton was so woeful, Targett’s display against Adama would send him to hell - according to some on here!  I don’t think Hutton was as bad as some suggest that’s all. 

Just now, ferguson1 said:

What I’m trying to say is if Hutton was so woeful, Targett’s display against Adama would send him to hell - according to some on here!  I don’t think Hutton was as bad as some suggest that’s all. 

So Hutton had a good game against Adama who's hardly been known for his even quality while Targett had a poor game against a more mature Adama who had a solid game.

It's pretty much like suggesting we are better than Man City since we only lost by 1 goal against Liverpool and they lost by 2.

1 minute ago, sne said:

So Hutton had a good game against Adama who's hardly been known for his even quality while Targett had a poor game against a more mature Adama who had a solid game.

It's pretty much like suggesting we are better than Man City since we only lost by 1 goal against Liverpool and they lost by 2.

You’ve lost me mate?  Think you misunderstood the point i was making.  

Adama in a Pulis' system is a lot easier to defend against then vs a team like Wolves. When we played Boro in that playoff all they did was hit and hope to him which was easy to defend against.

Wolves stretched us, having players like Neves and Coady ping 40-50 yard balls out to the wide areas, its no comparable at all.

Thats not saying Hutton did well mind you as he did in that semi final.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Adama in a Pulis' system is a lot easier to defend against then vs a team like Wolves. When we played Boro in that playoff all they did was hit and hope to him which was easy to defend against.

Wolves stretched us, having players like Neves and Coady ping 40-50 yard balls out to the wide areas, its no comparable at all.

Thats not saying Hutton did well mind you as he did in that semi final.

yep, wolves doubled up on the wing too, they had adama and Doherty getting forward and overlapping each other, whilst at the same time they had jonny and jota doing the same on the other wing, completely stretched us and isolated our fullbacks

if the playoff game hutton had the luxury of following adama around the pitch, he never got a sniff, not taking it away from him hutton was great that game but pulis put everything in to him (in both games) showing both his limitations and his teams

theres currently a villa team of the decade thing on the go on twitter and a lot of people suggesting hutton at RB, its a sad indictment of our last 10 years, found his place because we found his level

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

theres currently a villa team of the decade thing on the go on twitter and a lot of people suggesting hutton at RB, its a sad indictment of our last 10 years, found his place because we found his level

I can imagine it's a team that will give many nightmares

Â