Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Limited but committed player. Contributed towards what could turn out to be a defining season in our history if our owners are serious in their intentions.

Thanks but time to move on

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think timing of his injury was instrumental to us going on winning run. Elmo should've played ahead of him all season in retrospect

Definitely. Thinking back to his Hull days wasn't Elmo a RW? Would explain why he's so much better at crossing the ball. 

I'm sure Alan will get a contract from a championship team or back in Scotland. 

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Leaves with my best wishes and blessings for a wonderful life. The passion and love for the club he has shown deserves nothing but good wishes. He'll know his time is up but what a season to end it with in claret and blue. Especially scoring one of the most iconic goals in recent Villa history. 

I echo those sentiments entirely. I don't know what next season holds for him other than it won't be as the holder of a playing contract with us. He's very fit and I imagine he's got a good couple of years in him at Championship level.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Definitely. Thinking back to his Hull days wasn't Elmo a RW? Would explain why he's so much better at crossing the ball. 

I'm sure Alan will get a contract from a championship team or back in Scotland. 

He played RB in a back 4 and RWB in a 352 which is how Hull mostly played from memory

4 hours ago, NIVillan said:

He should finish his career up at Rangers

Be interesting seeing Hutton and Scott Brown having a go at each other in the Old Firm game

I mean, positionally this match up should never really happen so... I can totally see it happening 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Leaves with my best wishes and blessings for a wonderful life. The passion and love for the club he has shown deserves nothing but good wishes. He'll know his time is up but what a season to end it with in claret and blue. Especially scoring one of the most iconic goals in recent Villa history. 

This 100%.

I haven't seen anyone suggest him as a coach 🤯, thank McGrath.

10 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

This 100%.

I haven't seen anyone suggest him as a coach 🤯, thank McGrath.

I am going to be that guy but he's been playing his position for the best part of 20 years and he doesn't even understand that,  he understands that less than a converting winger.

Thanks Al, don't look back in anger and all that. I am glad the likes of him, Glenn and Jedi get to leave on a high.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PatrickCousens said:

Deserves a testimonial 

I thought they were a thing of the past really.

Good luck Alan, I have nothing but respect for his love for the club, application and desire since he has been here.  Time to move on now Villa.  Alan will play on somewhere else.  My guess he will always have a soft spot for us, and limited ability aside I will always have a soft spot for him as a play during some really testing years at the club.

On 29/05/2019 at 01:14, 8pints said:

He should go into writing books for children about a footballing owl called Alan Hoot-on

Image result for owl playing football

Sheffield Wednesday fans may love it.

Be better than that "Striker" book. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Testimonials are for great players.

Hutton has never been a great player for us, he is not a legend, never will be.

No they are not. Testimonials are a financial thank you for service, a golden goodbye if you like. 

Players are now multi millionaires hence the need for them has deminished. 

On 29/05/2019 at 01:14, 8pints said:

He should go into writing books for children about a footballing owl called Alan Hoot-on

Image result for owl playing football

Sheffield Wednesday fans may love it.

Owl-n Hoot-on?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Â