Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Let’s never try and sign top players in case they just get new contracts out of it.

I wish they'd try and sign me. I could do with a 50% pay increase. 

• Like 2

Sangare, Kamara, Zakaria, Doucoure, Anguissa…

Take your pick Villa, would cost vastly less, and offer/contribute more of what we need, compared to the likes of JWP. Glad that one’s over…

If we’re really willing to spend £50m+ on a player, let’s go out and get a truly world class talent like Milinkovic Savic. 

Or we could spend that total amount on a DM (as listed above) and a quality AM together, such as Kamada…

• Like 3

Has JWP come through the ranks at Southampton by the way?

If he has, he is probably just doing right by the club to be fair, making sure they get good money for him if/when he goes.

As well as picking up a shedload himself of course.

25 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Bullet well and truly dodged. Let’s hope we have £50m to spend and we choose to spend it a bit more wisely. That could still but two midfielders that transform our side in a very positive manner.

Not really sure we were anything other than speculative about JWP and ESR tbh.

Certainly £25m was never going land JWP

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Has JWP come through the ranks at Southampton by the way?

If he has, he is probably just doing right by the club to be fair, making sure they get good money for him if/when he goes.

As well as picking up a shedload himself of course.

He came up through the academy..he has been there since he was 8...similar to him who wont be named

• Like 1

On 18/08/2021 at 18:01, striker said:

I don’t believe for one moment that Villa are finished in the transfer window with the Grealish money available and a massive hole of quality in Villa’s midfield.

There are some quality players available if Villa are prepared to pay what the selling clubs want. Why wait until January or beyond when those players are available now and clubs are struggling financially? January is notoriously difficult to buy quality as clubs are reluctant to sell their best players mid season.

Villa always keep their transfer deals quiet until they are completed and I’m in no doubt that’s what’s happening now!

I think we have to accept that the manager doesn't seem to agree on the basis of their actions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Window starting to develop a bit of a fetid air about it tbh, like something that's been left out in the sun too long.

Was extremely optimistic at the start of it but if we struggle this season then it'll be remembered as the window we failed to strengthen our midfield in any way despite making some vaguely insulting bids for important players elsewhere.

• Like 1